Tour guide for 8 people for Pompeii/Amalfi Coast

travelgrandpa

I need a tour guide for 8 peope (5 are 6 ft. tall) for Pompeii and Amalfi Coast from port of Naples. Most companies tell me they have vans big enough but stats show Mercedes Van and VW Caravelle are 6 & 7 seaters. We don't want to be crowded and not see the beautiful scenery. Any suggestions? Thank you.

I need a tour guide for 8 peope (5 are 6 ft. tall) for Pompeii and Amalfi Coast from port of Naples. Most companies tell me they have vans big enough but stats show Mercedes Van and VW Caravelle are 6 & 7 seaters. We don't want to be crowded and not see the beautiful scenery. Any suggestions? Thank you.

We toured with 8 people and four were tall men. We went with http://www.cuomonet.it/

He was lovely and friendly and a great driver but not the greatest we had. Still he was reasonable price and his van did hold 8!! We toured Sorrentto, Amalfi, Positano and then finished at Pompeii. Give him a try - he was a lovely man.

thank you both for the suggestions. I have contacted both companies. My h and I did the Amalfi Coast 10 years ago but were in a tour bus so we saw all the beautiful scenery. I didn't want the people on this trip or us, for that matter ,to miss anything. IN the past, we have been crowded into smaller vans and couldn't wait to get out.

driveamalif.com

We returned from our cruise a month ago and really recommend allarounditaly.net for Naples and other cities in Italy. We also used this company for our tour of the Tuscan Countryside too. Our group of 11 was picked up promptly at the dock in Naples and we traveled on the Amalfi Drive with our guides Peppe and Julio in two large vans. The stops were terrific and commentary along the way outstanding. We even got to stop at Julio's home near Sorrento to see an Italian family household. Both guides are very knowledgable, particularly Peppe, a history buff. Their English was excellent. The had arranged a lunch for us and we stopped at a fabulous restaurant in Positano called Ristorante Da Costantino. The views were spectacular and the food all homemade and amazing. After lunch, we continued our tour with a trip to Pompeii where we met our private guide who was a university professor. He as so knowledgable and was able to show us some special areas that were not open to the big tours. We learned so much. We were returned to our ship on time and we were so grateful for our outstanding day in Naples with All Around Italy.

My husband is 6'2" and my son is 6'4". We have used Paolo Bellantonio for over 10 years, most recently this past June on our Windsurf cruise from Venice to Rome. We were a party of 6, but I know he can handle more. He comes up with great ideas for how to see Amalfi coast. He is a great driver, not a guide, but can put you in touch with some amazing guides especially for Pompeii. He provides a personal touch and we consider him a friend of the family now.

www.bellantoniolimoservice.com

or his mobile

+39 338 248 4301

carriecaz

We used them last month too for three ports. We were lucky to have the owner Fabrizio for the three days. The restaurant in Positano was the best meal we had the entire trip. It wasn't cheap, but worth every penny! Three pastas, all homemade, mmmmmm, Mama Mia!

We returned from our cruise a month ago and really recommend allarounditaly.net for Naples and other cities in Italy. We also used this company for our tour of the Tuscan Countryside too. Our group of 11 was picked up promptly at the dock in Naples and we traveled on the Amalfi Drive with our guides Peppe and Julio in two large vans. The stops were terrific and commentary along the way outstanding. We even got to stop at Julio's home near Sorrento to see an Italian family household. Both guides are very knowledgable, particularly Peppe, a history buff. Their English was excellent. The had arranged a lunch for us and we stopped at a fabulous restaurant in Positano called Ristorante Da Costantino. The views were spectacular and the food all homemade and amazing. After lunch, we continued our tour with a trip to Pompeii where we met our private guide who was a university professor. He as so knowledgable and was able to show us some special areas that were not open to the big tours. We learned so much. We were returned to our ship on time and we were so grateful for our outstanding day in Naples with All Around Italy.

Have you tried www.aptours.it ???

They have a 15 seater mini-coach. That would be plenty of room :D

We used them in 2007 with 8 people and while some had to sit in the middle (I was one of them) we were not squished.....but not 6' tall either.

I would contact them and explain situation...... I would imagine if they do not have the mini-coach booked for that day they might give you a break on the price. Can't hurt to ask. Of course sometimes comfort comes at a price :o

8 is a nice even number but for the standard vans I saw for most driving services you'll have an issue. You are likely going to ether have to be getting an extended van with 4 rows, two vehicles or as others mentioned a minibus. We had a mini bus in Kusdasi, Istanbul and Athens for our Party of 11. It worked well in those places but wonder if for Amalfi it would be so easy. I'd vote for splitting up into two vehicles but that is likely more expensive.

Good luck.

We just returned from a trip in Italy and toured with easitalytours.com. They were excellent and very accommodating, I'm sure that they can work out something that would be comfortable for everyone.

Archived