Canceling a cruise

MISSYLOU

If you wait that long, you'll still lose some money...You have to cancel at least 2-3 months out to get a full refund (depending on length of cruise)...after that, you'll start forfeiting some of your deposit/payments.

Check the RCI website or brochure for the cancellation policy.

I have another question about changing the sail date?

Sue, or any one who knows, I hope you are still around to answer it.

I booked a cruise with RCI in Jan. 2009 for Jan. 2010 on a NC number, I now want to change to a date in Oct.....on this NC reservation ID I have a NC credit, the 200 balcony discount and my stock owner benefit. Will I have to pick one when I change the date.

I recently, made a sail date change with X and the retained 2 discounts.

Would like to know what others experience has been.......

I did a search and no luck if finding any info..........

I booked a cruise with RCI in Jan. 2009 for Jan. 2010 on a NC number, I now want to change to a date in Oct.....on this NC reservation ID I have a NC credit, the 200 balcony discount and my stock owner benefit. Will I have to pick one when I change the date.

As long as the NextCruise booking number that you used was purchased prior to 1/1/09..............then you can change the booking information but still keep the benefits.

My cruise is 77 days from now. Here is what I found on RCI website.

Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 70 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. s.gifQ: If I have to cancel my cruise, will I get a refund? A: You will get a full refund if you notify us in writing 70 days prior to your sailing date (60 days for 3 & 4-night cruises or 90 days for holiday sailings).

So I think I am safe.

Make sure you KEEP the original booking number of the NEXT CRUISE and you will keep all the benefits.

And doesn't it depend on why you cancel and if you have insurance??:confused:

If you don't have insurance, then the reason is not relevant, only the timing.

If you have insurance, then the reason may be relevant. Check your insurance policy. If you want to cancel for a reason other than those listed on the policy, then you will need a "cancel for any reason" policy, which usually gets you 75%-85% of any non-refundable expenses back. The RCL insurance has this, and you get 75% back as a credit towards a future cruise.

If you use a 3rd party insurance, check the terms.

As long as the NextCruise booking number that you used was purchased prior to 1/1/09..............then you can change the booking information but still keep the benefits.

Make sure you KEEP the original booking number of the NEXT CRUISE and you will keep all the benefits.

thanks.. I just noticed I booked in Nov. 2008 not January , I made a room change in Jan.....so I'll call them tomorrow...wish me luck, thanks again.

Archived