Simple Pleasures

cmhmarine

I received a Fed-Ex today with the cruise documents. How very impressive. I am 3 weeks out from sailing yet, however this has been the most seamless trip planning/reservation experience yet. This is my first time on silversea after many on other lines, mostly RCCL.

I want to thank the other posters who truly deserve thanks for leading me to this experience and decision to sail with Silversea. Wripro, ColWes, LaPalomah, Keith, Golden, Ging, and many more...Thank-You!

I enjoyed/ appreicate the neat, streamlined, silversea approach to their documents mailing. I know I can expect to experience more simple pleasures as the voyage begins....

Thanks again to you all and Silversea.

I received a Fed-Ex today with the cruise documents. How very impressive. .
Did you get the package listed below (copied and pasted from our previous posting)?

---------------------------------

1. A silver coloured cardboard box shaped like a book, with an openable flap. The edge of this flap has some built-in magnetic strip which keeps it shut on contact. This is an improvement from the "child's shoe box" design of a few years ago (We don't know from when did they start to use this new design, does anyone know?)

2. Two fairly large luggage tags with embossed cloth-like surface, embossed with the Silversea logo all over. Years ago, it used to be smaller and leatherette.

3. A folder with embossed cloth-like surface with the Silversea logo all over, and with leatherette interior. It used to be a completely leatherette folder.

4. Inside this folder, there is the "cruise ticket", tri-folded in the form of a "GIA certificate". This ticket includes a "welcome page", the "tear off" boarding strip and a six page contract, there has been no significant change in this item.

5. A silver coloured paper pamphlet entitled "Ports and Excursions - Panama Canal"

6. Another small silver coloured paper pamphlet entited "Silversea Cruise Information Guide"

7. Silver coloured sticky paper luggage labels, four per passenger, with individual name, suite number, sail date and location printed on them

8. A complete and detailed "leave behind itinerary" with telephone numbers of the various port liaisons, this is for your folks to find you in an emergency.

9. A small "Bon Voyage Gifts" card showing what can be purchased and

10. An "Airport Ease Card" showing how you can get Silversea to pick up your luggage before embarkation and return it after disembarkation, all at your own home if you wish, with extra charges, of course.

So this is one of the most complete package any cruise line has to offer. There is one definite improvement this time (item 1), some changes which are not necessarily improvements (items 2 and 3), and the rest remain roughly the same as before.

-------------------------------------------

Any new changes since the end of 2007?

1. A silver coloured cardboard box shaped like a book, with an openable flap. The edge of this flap has some built-in magnetic strip which keeps it shut on contact. This is an improvement from the "child's shoe box" design of a few years ago (We don't know from when did they start to use this new design, does anyone know?)

I received the silver shoebox last year with all my documents in it. I love it and haven't thrown it away, in fact I'm hoping to get another one like it for my cruise next year.:D

Cheers

ging466

I received the following via Fed-Ex. Since I am traveling solo, items such as luggage tags would only be one instead of two in the case of a traveling couple.

I received a brown box with the shipping lables. Upon opening that I found a smaller white box. Upon opening that box I discovered the following(no particular order):

H1N1 flyer detailing that I will be required to fill a form at embarkation relative to flu like symptoms, and reassurance of their on board procedures and availability of treatment should a need arise.

Bon Voyage pre order for wine, champange, chocolates, spa treatments, ect.

Day planner size, black, nylon like material document holder with a snap closure, stiched once with the silversea name on the front.

One luggae tag of the same material as the document holder, also stiched once with the silversea name

Silversea luggage stickers that were printed with my name and stateroom #. These are the ones that are used by the porters at the peir.

Air Ticket folder with air arrangement itinary, since I booked air through Silversea.

Cruise ticket. Complete cruise contract with boarding voucher attached to very nicley embossed silversea cardboard stock.

Setting sail booklet detailing on board amenities and general information.

Silvershore journal which highlights the shore excursions for the six voyages to the mexican riveria. ( voyages 3924-3926, 3003, 3005, 3011)

A complete and detailed "leave behind itinerary" with telephone numbers of the various port liaisons, this is for your folks to find you in an emergency.

So, yes your post is very much identical to what I received. The arrangement and quality of the product is very nice.

I received a Fed-Ex today with the cruise documents. How very impressive. I am 3 weeks out from sailing yet, however this has been the most seamless trip planning/reservation experience yet. This is my first time on silversea after many on other lines, mostly RCCL.

Hi cmhmarine

I remember when I got my silver box with all my documents in it, I thought wow, if this is what the documents are like, what is the cruise going to be like:D

You will have a great time and we all look forward to hearing about it when you get home!

Cheers

ging466

Hey, cmhmarine! I was a Navy Doc serving with the Marines before you were born. And I am forever grateful for them keeping me alive and able to raise my family and to now enjoy these cruises! I really hope to meet you on a Silversea ship, and the drinks and cigars are on me!

Wellseasoned, I will gladly take you up on that offer......I am grateful for the navy docs we had assigned to our unit (Lima 3/25), they are truly a different breed. During my last deployment to Iraq in 2005, they were right there with us all the way, and suffered causalities the same as us grunts.

Archived