Reef sandals, the Slap

Cozzette2

I am looking at Zappos for Reef sandals and there are so many to choose from I need a recomendation on which style is your fav. I like the look of the "Slap". Has anyone worn that type of Reefs? If so, how was the grip on the sole? I don't want to relive the slipping and slidding of the last cruise.:D

Thanks, Kris

I am looking at Zappos for Reef sandals and there are so many to choose from I need a recomendation on which style is your fav. I like the look of the "Slap". Has anyone worn that type of Reefs? If so, how was the grip on the sole? I don't want to relive the slipping and slidding of the last cruise.:D

Thanks, Kris

Reef "Slaps" are my favorite basic flip-flop! I have way too many pairs of "Slaps"! I am wearing a pair right now! They use to come in a multitude of colors (which explains why I have so many pairs), but they seem to be harder and harder to find these days in the fun colors. I find them to be the most comfortable shoes I own and the closest thing to being barefoot without actually BEING barefoot! :D I've never had any problem with them being slippery. I've worn them around the pool on many cruises. I have Plantar Fasciitis and heel spurs and "Slaps" have GREAT arch support for me. They are the first thing I slip my feet into when I get out of bed in the morning or when I step out of the shower! I give them two thumbs up! ;) I also love my "FitFlops"! Check those out too if you haven't already!

• 2 years later...
I want to try them! When I look at zappos I see reef "slap 2" - are these the ones you all have and love? I normally wear reef Sandy model but those are more basic.

thanks

Slap 2 is the current equivalent of the original slap style we are all talking about. I don't think Reef still makes the original slap anymore, although you can still find some of the original Slaps here and there for sale. I have not tried Slap 2, but it looks like it has the same footbed as the original, so I suspect it is just as comfortable.

I ended up with the Reef mush, soooo comfy.

I believe that it is Teva that makes the "Mush" style flip flop, not Reef. ;) and I agree they are sooooo comfy! But I still prefer the Reef Slap (or Slap 2) for my particular foot issues (heel spurs and plantar fasciitis) because over time the "Mush" gets a little too mushed for my comfort. ;)

You're right, I have both and it is the slap 2 that is the Reef and it is definetly the more comfortable between the reefs and the tevas.

I love Zappos, free shipping both ways so if they don't work out you can just get refunded. Great company!

Kris

• 2 weeks later...

Now that this thread has been brought up to the present -- I'm looking for a pair of flip flops that my feet won't slip in. I have a pair of Nikes that I love, and while the sole doesn't slip when wet, my foot slides around when I get out of the pool.

I've gone flying a couple of times trying to walk from the pool/hot tub to my chair, and don't fancy doing it again! (Besides, it's not a pretty sight! ;))

Joan, my Reefs are great for not slipping around in. I bought a pair of croc sandles to work in my yard and when wet, ick, lots of slipping, no good, but I don't have that problem with the Reef Slap 2.. they also have a great non slip sole with great traction.

Good luck, Kris

Joan, my Reefs are great for not slipping around in. I bought a pair of croc sandles to work in my yard and when wet, ick, lots of slipping, no good, but I don't have that problem with the Reef Slap 2.. they also have a great non slip sole with great traction.

Good luck, Kris

Thanks for the recommendation! I was looking through the Nordstrom sale shoes today and found the last pair of Keen Whisper slides and in my size! Bought them right away. Not nearly as cute as flip flops, but I know I can wear these. As we get closer to our cruise, I'll probably get a pair of the Reefs, too.

Archived