Taxi port to Boston Commons

kubies

We will be on the Celebrity Constellation sailing on Oct. 3. How far from the port in Boston to the Commons? Taxi Fare? Looking to do the Freedom Trail on our own. What about return from the Constitution, "Old Ironsides" which appears to be end of the Freedom Trail? Distance & Taxi fare?

Thanks for any info.

Taxi fare from Black Falcon to Boston Common is showing at about $15 and from the Constitution to Black Falcon at about $18. However there are public transportation options

Silver Line from Black Falcon to South Station and transfer to Red Line direction Alewife two stops to Park Street. For $2/pp this will take you the Boston Common. If you are not pressed for time coming back, I would suggest taking the MBTA water ferry from the Constitution to Long Wharf for $1.70/pp and then walking south along the Harborside walk which goes along the edge of the harbor. When you get to the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf, you can grab a cab back to Black Falcon for about $10.

I would also have a Plan B in case of bad weather. The HoHo trolley might be a good alternative since it goes both places you are interested in.

If Boston public transit is anything like in NYC and you are there on a weekend, I would expect less service available. Definitely recommend taking a taxi to get around on your own. You may be able to find other passengers will to share with you when you arrive at the port.

MARAPRINCE

Taxi fare from Black Falcon to Boston Common is showing at about $15 and from the Constitution to Black Falcon at about $18. However there are public transportation options

Silver Line from Black Falcon to South Station and transfer to Red Line direction Alewife two stops to Park Street. For $2/pp this will take you the Boston Common. If you are not pressed for time coming back, I would suggest taking the MBTA water ferry from the Constitution to Long Wharf for $1.70/pp and then walking south along the Harborside walk which goes along the edge of the harbor. When you get to the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf, you can grab a cab back to Black Falcon for about $10.

I would also have a Plan B in case of bad weather. The HoHo trolley might be a good alternative since it goes both places you are interested in.

This is great information and what I was looking for. We did plan on grabbing either the bus or cab, whichever was the quickest since we get in at 10:00am, and getting out to the Commons, walking the trail until hunger set in, getting back with the trail and making it out to the Constitution and then back to the ship. Since the ship leaves at 7:00, I don't think we are that pressed for time, however we don't want to miss the ship so I guess whatever time we are done with the Constitution will dictate which method we use to return to Black Falcon.

Do you have any additional thoughts, maybe as to where to find a quick "Boston" type meal that would be on our route or any information on stuff maybe off the trail path that we should see?

Thanks

Archived