Temperature in Greek Isles

Beachbum1944

Thanks for all the replys. I feel stupid now. I made a mistake. I meant the biginning of May. What would be the temps in early May? Would we have beach weather?

Thanks,

That sounds a bit early to me, even for Jersey people, but I personally will be very interested in further responses to your post because I also will have a day in Corfu in early May 2010 and plan to rent a car, including a visit to two of the pretty beaches. (We were there last September, but only for a few hours, which we spent entirely in Corfu Town.)

I certainly would love to do more than dip my toes in there.

As you can see by our signature, we have a cruise scheduled for early July. Air fares are outragious, so we are thinking of changing it to either May 8 or late Sept. for better air fares. When you were there last Sept., how was the air and sea temps then? Do you know when or if air fares are better any other time of the year for July?

Thanks,

I will tell you that I have been to the Greek Isles in September and found them much better than in July and the heat of the summer unless you prefer the high temperatures and humidity.

September is a nice time to visit the Med and you have less crowds.

Keith

September and May both are good, but I think you will have less chance of missing ports in the Eastern Med in May because of the melteme winds that start up in that area in late August.

On our first cruise last September we missed our Delos/Mykonos ports due to high seas; the same seas were smooth as glass on our second cruise in early June. Of course, one anecdotal experience tells you very little, but the spouse researched this a bit before booking the second cruise and we were much happier with the result. (We are cruising the Med again next May.)

Archived