Can you plug your digital camera into the TV in your cabin?

MikeNBec

When we went to Cancun the past few summers, every evening we'd plug our digital camera into the TV to see what pics came out and what pics needed to be retaken. Can you plug your digital camera into the TV in the cabin? We'll be on the Sensation. Thanks! :D

No... No place for A/V connection on the front of the TV on the Sensation... at least there wasn't in October. I think some of the newer ships do... I just uploaded to my laptop since I had to take it anyway... If you are planning to use the Internet Cafe, you can just upload them and then erase the card... that was the easiest thing for me...

Thanks cruisin'...........we just wanted to be able to see if all of 'em came out so we'd know whether or not we had to retake 'em. On our first trip to Cancun we took a few pics of the resort that never came out (blurred, ect...) so after that we checked 'em each evening. I do like your idea about the cafe', though.....it'll save us from having to buy another card. :)

Upload your pictures in the Internet cafe? Keep a couple things in mind - you might require software be loaded if you use a patch cable, or you'd need to bring a card reader for your card type. If you do that, make sure it's got native O/S support for windows 2000 and xp, so you don't need software to run the car reader.

If you get that far, and you upload your pictures, keep in mind it takes a long time to transmit a lot of hi-res pictures over email back home. You would be better to have web space to FTP them up. You could chew up a lot of minutes waiting for pictures to be sent... and you might have your pictures fail to arrive if you overload your email inbox.

Now if they had CD burners on the PCs, and you thought to bring a few CD-Rs, then you're in business!

Sorry, I used the internet cafe with MY laptop to upload the pics... not via email and not on the cafe's computer... very quick, but then again, it was my laptop... I should have clarified. I can view my pics prior to uploading and delete what I want, and just upload them to my website so I can clear the card and move on. I just have them uploading while I am checking on customers, so it runs in the background and isn't an issue...

i have been told that you can get a rf modulator (?), unplug the cable from the back of the tv, then plug in the modulator. your camera can be hooked up to the a/v inputs in the modulator so you can play your camera on the tv. i have never done this but i do plan on trying it in march.

Archived