1 Week til final pymt & a now a better deal!

wldflr

So if you're like me and get multiple mailings from HAL on an almost daily basis, it came as a surprise that we're one week from our final payment on our Dec 5 cruise and this flyer announces a deal for Mariners for Caribbean cruises!

Mind you, I booked us as Mariners through a (well-known to this website) online TA and got a guar. balcony VF for $799+tax on Aug.15.

Called HAL right now and VF now being offered for $749+tax.

Hung up and called TA and they are investigating since the new price wasn't in their system. Apologized for being a pest to the TA but $100 is worth looking into in my book.

Let me add that for some upcoming dates for the Eurodam/Westerdam, this same category cabin is going for $599...I'm speechless and wish I could go on these optional dates but we can't. Contact HAL or your TA and let them know you're a Mariner if you're interested in any upcoming 7-day Caribbean cruises...okay, I'll stop my ranting.

$599 for a balcony on HAL...OMG.

I'll let ya'all know if I get the better price. I got one week to play the cruise price game!!!:p

This happens all the time.

We noticed a discount being offered and saved $100.00pp on our booking about 2 weeks before final payment.

It pays to keep checking HALs site and other TAs sites as final payment approaches so you can take advantage of the discounts.

My final payment is due in a week as well (Rydam-December 6th) and today I was able to upgrade from an inside cabin on the lower promenade (can't remember the category) to a Verandah Suite (BC Guarantee) for $328 Total. That only an additional $164 each for my DH and me.

My TA will be sooo happy when this cruise is over. I booked it in March and call her about every two months asking about price drops. I've been a real pest, but this time I promise, no more changes.;)

Good for you!

We booked our April 2009 cruise last August and our final payment was due December 31, 2008. About a week before the final payment was due our TA noticed a better deal. She tried to get HAL to refund our group (about 25 people) the difference but to no avail. Our TA told us that HAL would probably listen to us, the guests, more than to her as the TA. So one person in our group tried to pursue it and received a response by e-mail that yes indeed we deserved at least an upgrade. When we boarded the ship we were told we hadn't received an upgrade and it wouldn't be possible because the ship was fully booked.

I have read many times on this board that if the issue of a price decrease is not resolved either prior to or during your voyage, there is little chance of it being acknowledged after the fact; however I just heard from the main spokesperson from our travel group that he is finally making some headway and may be given a $150 credit toward a future cruise, which he will try to have the rest of us included on.

Moral of the story; don't give up! Especially after we heard from fellow passengers midway through the voyage that the only reason they were on the cruise is because they stumbled across a flash sale on the internet less than a month before the sail date, offering a deal they couldn't refuse.

I have a question! Is it best to make payments for the cruise or wait two to three days before the final day to make the whole payment? Whats best?

What if the cost of the cruise goes down? Could I still call HAL and ask for the better price even though no payments were made toward the cruise?

I have a question! Is it best to make payments for the cruise or wait two to three days before the final day to make the whole payment? Whats best?

What if the cost of the cruise goes down? Could I still call HAL and ask for the better price even though no payments were made toward the cruise?

When we went to our TA to make final payment for our 26 day Eurodam cruise we took last month, our TA said the price had dropped by four thousand dollars (total---not per person) since we booked it a year ago. She charged us the lower price. Of course we didn't argue.;)

We've done it both ways. Paid down payment and then the final payment, twice. This time we made 1st down payment on the ship when we initially booked the cruise for February 2010 and have been making payments every 2 months since. We will make our final payment 27 November.

Archived