To cabin #7434 door slammers on Sep 6 2009 Freedom

Scrappytraveller

LOL! I'm sure you have, just not in so many words. I've seen plenty of complaints about balcony neighbors who "completely ruined" someone's cruise because they: were loud, were smoking [cigarettes, cigars, joints, pipes, hookahs, etc.], kept screaming at their kids, attempted to spit a misguided loogie over the rail, kept their lights on, etc.

So not worth it for me. :p

Thank god I live in the real world:D

Well, a selective culling of the vocal 1% of CCL cruisers who post about their balcony experiences here could lead one to believe the following:

-All your neighbors will make it point of closing doors only by slamming them

-All your neighbors will have wild, crazy "adult relations" while drinking heavily on their balconies

-Your neighbors will also humor you with really loud conversations of a personal nature

-If you look at your neighbor the wrong way, they will retaliate by acting like Motel 6 (and leave the light on for you)

to each of the above sentences, add "while chain smoking illegal Cuban cigars". :p

Maybe no one was in the room and the door wasnt shut when they left so it kept slamming...Thats what happend with a neighbor i had one time...i hate those balcony noise makers. Sometimes oceanviews are better in that aspect but then they slam there entry doors anyway. I always bring ear plugs and a small fan and i stick a piece of paper in it so i hear no one.

No, I'm glad I don't spend money on a balcony because it would be wasted on me. I'm even more glad because it sounds like all the rude and passive-aggressive types would be my neighbors if I did.

No balcony? Your missing all the good cigar smoke 24/7!

Door slamming, either balcony or entry, seems to be one of those things that most people just "let slam" and think nothing of it. This happens everywhere, hotels, motels, as well. I too find it hard to understand why a person can't just hang on to the door and shut it quietly???????????

Did you report them to the purser's office??

I hope you safely got back to the rock you must live under and were welcomed home by your lousy hick parents who never taught you any manners at all. Thanks so much for ruining our every attempt at enjoying our balcony with your CONSTANT balcony door slamming. You must have incontinence problems to require going IN & OUT & IN & OUT & IN & OUT all day long. Guess it's just simply too hard to hold a door handle for 5 seconds.

Or maybe you were just trying to outdo the rest of the inconsiderate door slammers that littered deck 7 aft on the Freedom last week. It was especially lovely to hear before 7:00am.

I agree with the poster that said there is way too much passive aggressiveness here. maybe I tend to be optimistic, but I like to think some people just don't realize they are doing it. I think a polite comment directly to the neighbor in question would go a long way. A snide remark meant to "be overheard" is liable to tick someone off.

Personally, I can't deal with passive aggressive people. When I smoked if you made a smart aleck comment loudly from your "hiding place" I would have been apt to tick you off as well. However, if you reasonably talked to me I would have worked something out and came to a compromise.

For the record, I have never had any real problems with my balcony neighbors. Then again I let a lot of little things go.

I agree with the poster that said there is way too much passive aggressiveness here. maybe I tend to be optimistic, but I like to think some people just don't realize they are doing it. I think a polite comment directly to the neighbor in question would go a long way. A snide remark meant to "be overheard" is liable to tick someone off.

Personally, I can't deal with passive aggressive people. When I smoked if you made a smart aleck comment loudly from your "hiding place" I would have been apt to tick you off as well. However, if you reasonably talked to me I would have worked something out and came to a compromise.

For the record, I have never had any real problems with my balcony neighbors. Then again I let a lot of little things go.

You're right. Why on earth wouldn't you nicely ask the person if they could stop doing it? :confused:

I appreciate the sympathy, I posted this to vent more than complain, and also in the hopes that someone who slams might read it and be more considerate next time.

It didn't ruin our crusie, not even close, it just made our balcony time irritating rather than relaxing. We paid extra for the aft wrap so it was frustrating that we couldn't completely enjoy it. But I still appreciated all the other aspects of that balcony.

It was 2 normal adults, no kids, not teens or college students. No parties. They were there everytime we were, don't think they spent much time on lido. I'm not kidding when I say they were in and out constantly. Yes others slammed, but it was from time to time. This was constant.

As to whether I said anything to them, well, :o, no. I'm too afraid of confrontation. :D I was told to tell our cabin attendant, but I just didn't want to put him in that position. Those guys need their job way more than I need peace and quiet. From other posts I've read here, complaining to guest services does no good.

Anyway, it's just luck of the draw, we happened to have jerks next door to us. Could have been worse: one woman we met said a couple near her cabin had a huge loud fight and the guy kicked the girl out of the cabin and wouldn't let her back in. She was screaming and crying in the hall. Nice.

Archived