1st Timer with ?s re:dining options on QM2

twoatsea

Have cruised, but not on Cunard. On Cunard website, I found & I understand that in a balcony cabin we will be assigned to the Brittania dining room. But, what is the Brittania "Club"?

Also, is there a lunch buffet & dinner buffet for those times we do not want to go to the dining room? And, if so, of what do the buffets consist - small minimal menu or an average cruiseline buffet, such as salad/soup bar, entrees, side dishes, desserts? Are the open times short or long enough to allow for flexibility?

How about the room service menu? For dinner can we order from the dining room menu? Is the room service menu extensive or minimal?

Cunard lists lots of "optional dining". Is there a charge for all of those - Todd English, Lion Pub, Kings Court, Sir Samuel, Queens Room, Boardwalk Cafe.

Thanks for your help; we are consideriing the 11/5/09 TA.

Hi

Brittania

You have and allocated seat for the evening meal but you can sit any where for breakfast and lunch.

The club has a semi enclosed section and you do not have late or early sittings you can turn up any time with in the allowed time like the Grills.

The only restaurant you have to pay for is Todd English.

Room service is hours a day and the menu is in a booklet in you cabin.

I believe only the grill you can order from that days menu.

Tam58

Also, is there a lunch buffet & dinner buffet for those times we do not want to go to the dining room? And, if so, of what do the buffets consist - small minimal menu or an average cruiseline buffet, such as salad/soup bar, entrees, side dishes, desserts? Are the open times short or long enough to allow for flexibility?

Yes, there's self service lunch buffet in the Kings Court at lunch and evening. It is open 24 hours. You can have soup, main meal and dessert.

In the evening, one part of Kings Court is self-serve buffet. The rest of the Kings Court is a la Carte with waiter service between 7pm and 9pm and has to be booked in advance. These are sample menus for the evening:

http://www.cunard.co.uk/uploads/QM2MenuDiKC.pdf

You will need reservations for Todd English ($20 for lunch $30 for dinner per person), You do not have to pay for the waiter service areas in the Kings Court, at dinner but will need reservations for certain areas of these, some areas are serve yourself buffet.

I have never ordered off the dinner menu for room service, so cannot say if that is possible,but I can say that Breakfast you order on a card placed on your door the night before. For lunch it is very limited menu, very little choice , very minimal , a soup, sandwich, and one desert.

Golden Lion, Sir Samuels, you pay only for your beverage, the food is free, choice of 4 entrees in Golden Lion, no desert. Sir Samuels, pastries in the morning, salad/sandwich type at lunch time.

Britaniia Club is part of main dining room at dinner, you may dine anytime between 6-9p.m. Breakfast and lunch is open seating.

Have cruised, but not on Cunard. On Cunard website, I found & I understand that in a balcony cabin we will be assigned to the Brittania dining room. But, what is the Brittania "Club"?

How about the room service menu? For dinner can we order from the dining room menu? Is the room service menu extensive or minimal?

Cunard lists lots of "optional dining". Is there a charge for all of those - Todd English, Lion Pub, Kings Court, Sir Samuel, Queens Room, Boardwalk Cafe.

Thanks for your help; we are consideriing the 11/5/09 TA.

Two at Sea, There are several options, If your in category AA (Britannia Club 12 deck) you can dine in the Britannia Club in an open time arrangement. If your in Q or P accomodation you can dine in the Queen or Princess Grills again with no set time. If your in the Britannia categories ( all the others ) you can choose to dine in the Britannia Dining room with an early or late booking. In the evening, the Kings Court divides into Lotus (asian cuisine), The Carvery (roasts and other Brit Style), La Piazza for Italian or Chef's Galley where the food is prepared before your eyes. These evening Kings Court Restaurants are by reservation.

There is also Todd English the extra supplement restaurant by reservation only On 8 Deck.

The room service menus are either a printed selection in your room guide, or if your a Grills customer, Daily Grills menus for lunch and dinner are delivered daily before lunch, and you can order room service from them. There are other 'snack' style eateries, including the Pub for meals and of course the Kings Court for buffet meals.

I know you will not starve.

Best Mike

You do not tip as you go when on board.

There is a charge added to your on board account each day , it is called hotel charge but is in fact a tipping charge that covers all the crew that serve you no matter where they work, dining room, cabin, Kings court etc.

In the bars an automatic 15% is added to your bill, which takes care of the tip (same with the wine steward in the dining rooms). The charge in Todd English $20 for lunch $30 for dinner (per person) also covers the tip.

I do give the Room Service waiter a $1 tip though of course strictly speaking that is covered by the daily charge.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived