Brittania Club

SeaPeaInn

Can someone tell me if those sailing in this class tend to dress less formally?

Thanks

Not at all.

However, I'm curious as to what makes you think that they might?

It's a very good deal AA - the single seating improves things no end.

Can someone tell me if those sailing in this class tend to dress less formally?

Thanks

Dear PNickle,

We recently sailed our fifth cruise on the QM2 on July 1st in Britannia Club Class.

Cabins are located on Deck 12 Forward to Midship.

Those dining in the Club Dining Room, behind the Britannia D.R., dressed no different and totally adhered to the Dress Code suggested for each day.

Even though we were out of the sight of others in that section of the ship, we did not feel any different to alter the dress.

Remember, when going to and departing from the Dining Room, you will still be joining all the other passengers onboard with adhering to the atmosphere for all to share, experience and enjoy.

Not at all.

However, I'm curious as to what makes you think that they might?

It's a very good deal AA - the single seating improves things no end.

There actually is a very good review from a former member of this board about AA Club dining. Ex QE2 Grill Passenger if l recall correctly.

I apologise for not being able to give a link....am hopeless at these things, but if you go to the reviews, you will most likely find it.

Have a lovely voyage on QM2...whatever you choose, you will have a wonderful time, she is a great lady.

Jackie :)

There actually is a very good review from a former member of this board about AA Club dining. Ex QE2 Grill Passenger if l recall correctly.

I apologise for not being able to give a link....am hopeless at these things, but if you go to the reviews, you will most likely find it.

Have a lovely voyage on QM2...whatever you choose, you will have a wonderful time, she is a great lady.

Jackie, unfortunately that review is no longer on this site. :( But it was a wonderful and well written review with glowing reports of AA dining accommodations.

Jackie, unfortunately that review is no longer on this site. :( But it was a wonderful and well written review with glowing reports of AA dining accommodations.

Oops--the review is still here.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=572819&highlight=reflections&page=2 See first post on this thread.

And yes, I know I am talking to myself! :rolleyes:

We were hoping the Upgrade Fairy would give us the opportunity to try the Britannia Club (we were booked in an A1 Guarantee), but unfortunately she did not sprinkle her dust in our direction. I've enquired about a paid upgrade, but they want over £400 per head. Although the Britannia Club sounds great, we've decided to give it a miss, but most of the reviews I have read are very complimentary. We've decided to spend the extra money on board instead and plan to eat in Todd English wherever possible for our meals. Sue

We were hoping the Upgrade Fairy would give us the opportunity to try the Britannia Club (we were booked in an A1 Guarantee), but unfortunately she did not sprinkle her dust in our direction. I've enquired about a paid upgrade, but they want over £400 per head. Although the Britannia Club sounds great, we've decided to give it a miss, but most of the reviews I have read are very complimentary. We've decided to spend the extra money on board instead and plan to eat in Todd English wherever possible for our meals. Sue

Dear Sue,

I do understand your thoughts.

Yes, the Britannia Club was an experience we very much liked two months ago, especially the feature of the pre-grill dinner dining hours (one seating for dining 6:30PM to 9PM). The flex hours verus 6PM or 8:30PM in Britannia also an attraction.

Also, the set table for the complete cruise verus open seating for breakfast and lunch.

Several additions to the menu in each course was also welcoming.

Of course, your cabins are located on Deck 12 but we very much also enjoyed overlooking the sea and the views from that height especially coming into ports.

Yes, we also tried the Todd English Restaurant as a comp being a Diamond Club Member. The food is interesting but really not our cup of tea and prefer the food in the regular restaurants. A little to upscaled for us.

Deck 12 also affords you closeness to the Pavillon Pool, Deck 13 Sun Deck and also Boardwalk Cafe on a nice day.

We hope you do enjoy your cruise where ever your cabin (most likely Deck 11) is located.

Your 54 days will be here soon for your to be welcomed onboard the "Queen of the Seas".

Dear Sue,

I do understand your thoughts.

Yes, the Britannia Club was an experience we very much liked two months ago, especially the feature of the pre-grill dinner dining hours (one seating for dining 6:30PM to 9PM). The flex hours verus 6PM or 8:30PM in Britannia also an attraction.

Also, the set table for the complete cruise verus open seating for breakfast and lunch.

Several additions to the menu in each course was also welcoming.

Of course, your cabins are located on Deck 12 but we very much also enjoyed overlooking the sea and the views from that height especially coming into ports.

Yes, we also tried the Todd English Restaurant as a comp being a Diamond Club Member. The food is interesting but really not our cup of tea and prefer the food in the regular restaurants. A little to upscaled for us.

Deck 12 also affords you closeness to the Pavillon Pool, Deck 13 Sun Deck and also Boardwalk Cafe on a nice day.

We hope you do enjoy your cruise where ever your cabin (most likely Deck 11) is located.

Your 54 days will be here soon for your to be welcomed onboard the "Queen of the Seas".

Thanks for you kind reply and interesting thoughts. We're on Deck 11 as you guessed, so I'm sure the views of the ocean will be great. I hope to be able to see it without too many white horses!! We will certainly try and go to Todd English on our first night and plan the rest of our dining depending on whether we like it or not!

Sue

Oops--the review is still here.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=572819&highlight=reflections&page=2 See first post on this thread.

And yes, I know I am talking to myself! :rolleyes:

I think we can quite rightly call it a senior moment Bettie! I appear to have many of then these days! :rolleyes:

Thanks for you kind reply and interesting thoughts. We're on Deck 11 as you guessed, so I'm sure the views of the ocean will be great. I hope to be able to see it without too many white horses!! We will certainly try and go to Todd English on our first night and plan the rest of our dining depending on whether we like it or not! Sue

Sue,

You are welcome!

Don't worry about the white horses, you are part of the race and will win with the smooth speed of The Mary. You will leave them in the dust!

Please, do try Todd's restaurant. Everyone has their own opinion. We liked trying it at Lunch times without the crowds at night.

We did have some unusual dishes, differently designed from their original names like we would have on a land based restauarant.

Enjoy....

Archived