Thong swim suits

SillySally13

I'm going on my 3rd cruise in a few weeks and wondered if there are any other women cruisers out there that are comfortable wearing a thong swim suit?

Ive been suprised on my last two cruises that no other women wore one. 20 years ago every one was wearing them - what happend?

Ok, now I know I may have opened up a pandores box with this question, but I am still packing my thongs and will stay in the adult area to sun, but I havent even seen women wearing them on the Caribean beaches, is everyone just to over weight and not comfortable with them anymore??

By the way I am a happily married mother of two adult women (one at war in Iraq) and yes I would be comfortable to see them sunning in their thongs. I'm cruising with my husband, he has no tan and will be mostly covered:p

And I will be turning 50 on this cruise.

Slam away:rolleyes:

I'm going on my 3rd cruise in a few weeks and wondered if there are any other women cruisers out there that are comfortable wearing a thong swim suit?

Ive been suprised on my last two cruises that no other women wore one. 20 years ago every one was wearing them - what happend?

Ok, now I know I may have opened up a pandores box with this question, but I am still packing my thongs and will stay in the adult area to sun, but I havent even seen women wearing them on the Caribean beaches, is everyone just to over weight and not comfortable with them anymore??

By the way I am a happily married mother of two adult women (one at war in Iraq) and yes I would be comfortable to see them sunning in their thongs. I'm cruising with my husband, he has no tan and will be mostly covered:p

And I will be turning 50 on this cruise.

Slam away:rolleyes:

If you've got the guts to wear it, I'm sure you've got the backside to support it! Bring back the Grown & Sexy tour, I'm on board! I promise not to stare (too long)

Have never seen any thongs on any cruise I've been on. Could be they were a fad and it's over.;)

No slams, but I just don't see the point of a thong, never have, never will.

Johnny Yen.

I've seen ones (on the beach) who had the guts to wear it but DIDN'T have the backside to support it and it wasn't a pretty sight.:eek:

I am thinking that no one is wearing them because they are uncomfortable and frankly, unattractive. Maybe "20 years ago" they were the rage, but perhaps not now. But, if you comfortable in them, go ahead and wear them, but please don't expect to see anyone else wearing them as well.

I think they are quite comfortable and attractive.

So if no one is wearing them, and I havent seen any one wearing them in the Caribean as of late, where are all of the ones sold on e-bay being worn?

They are selling a "lot" of them on e-bay, I know because I buy them through e-bay,

Must be in Europe, that is where my mom was from and probubly where I get me imodest attitude!! Love ya mom, God bless!!Wish you were still with us:(

I like a man in a spedo:eek:

I suppose I don't pay a whole lot of attention. I've never really noticed anyone wearing a thong bathing suit on a cruise. On the beaches around here, yes. And it's just people, some look stupid wearing them and the ones with the nice enough bodies are fine, I suppose. If you really care to expose that much of your body to strangers go ahead.

My feelings are that for me, I have never had the desire for the attention even when I was younger and much skinnier. You have no control over what other people are imagining about you...people you don't want attention from...skanky men. Or, maybe you do want the attention from skanky men.

But, I wonder why the OP even brings it up....if you are comfortable wearing one, why do you even wonder what others think about it?

I suppose I don't pay a whole lot of attention. I've never really noticed anyone wearing a thong bathing suit on a cruise. On the beaches around here, yes. And it's just people, some look stupid wearing them and the ones with the nice enough bodies are fine, I suppose. If you really care to expose that much of your body to strangers go ahead.

My feelings are that for me, I have never had the desire for the attention even when I was younger and much skinnier. You have no control over what other people are imagining about you...people you don't want attention from...skanky men. Or, maybe you do want the attention from skanky men.

But, I wonder why the OP even brings it up....if you are comfortable wearing one, why do you even wonder what others think about it?

See this is the problem --- people dont "read" or dont comprehend?

(plp...READ before comenting on what others ask please!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

or what others write!!!:eek:

THE "OP"

didnt ask or "wonder" what others think about it......

butt asked

'if there are any other women cruisers out there that are comfortable wearing a thong swim suit?

YES - NO - OK,

BUT TO ADD scanky men, please read the post before comenting

BTW-happy ks

(_x_)!!!!

I have never worn one, not because of modesty issues, but because I find thongs uncomfortable.

Thongs have been banned at some beaches (Myrtle Beach and all SC beaches, for example). Maybe that only reflects US attitudes -I don't know about beaches in the various ports of call. It might be helpful to check on the board for the particular port to be sure they are acceptable. As far as on the ship, I know of no prohibitions, but I have not seen a thong being worn on the cruise ships I have been on, except when Carnival still had the top-optional funnel deck - the dancers would sun topless with thongs ( probably to avoid tan lines with their costumes).

I like a man in a spedo:eek:

LOL!!! Eww, I hate to men in Speedos. I find a nice pair of swimtrunks/boardshorts much more attractive. I don't care for thong swimsuits either, but hey, we all don't like the same thing. To each his/her own!

Could be they were a fad and it's over.

I agree that maybe the reason you saw so many years ago was because they were very popular then ~ I remember wearing thong workout wear over stretch shorts.

Not to say that people don't still wear them, just that they were super popular then.

If you're comfortable, wear it.

I have not seen thongs worn on a cruise ship. I personally would not expose my white northern buns to the caribbean sun - that could make for a potentially very uncomfortable cruise.

Not everyone is overweight...but my husband wouldn't be comfortable if I wore a thong in front of 3000 other people even though I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'm sure my kids wouldn't want to catch wind of it either...just as I would not want to think of my mother in a thong... :eek::eek:

As for you, do whatever you're comfortable with...but don't be shocked if you get funny or dirty looks.

See this is the problem --- people dont "read" or dont comprehend?

(plp...READ before comenting on what others ask please!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

or what others write!!!:eek:

THE "OP"

didnt ask or "wonder" what others think about it......

butt asked

'if there are any other women cruisers out there that are comfortable wearing a thong swim suit?

YES - NO - OK,

BUT TO ADD scanky men, please read the post before comenting

BTW-happy ks

(_x_)!!!!

I guess I was responding to your request for people to "slam away". And I will stand by my comment about the skanky men.

No, I don't wear a thong bathing suit and I don't really care if you wear one.

I love CC! I,am just giggling away at this. How funny. Popcorn anyone?

Another one of those provocative subjects wherein the OP is angry about others not agreeing. I guess we were just supposed to read that one question in her/his post? The second question may be her/his answer, they were in fashion 20 years ago?

It's a public message board so you have to be prepared for answers as well as comments. I'm thinking this one may be pulled soon, depending on the OP's further comebacks :).

I just don't see the appeal. I wouldn't want every single person I walked by staring at me (and believe me, most will- whether you notice or not). I'd also have to consider my husband. He doesn't mind and maybe even enjoys someone admiring me, but I don't think he'd want an entire cruise ship ogling my bum.

If I saw a 50 yr old woman in a thong...I would think two things: cougar & desperate for attention.

That's just my opinion and I'm not directing it towards you personally.

First there are two different definations to a thong...Everyone will agrees that if the suit goes bewteen the butt checks and there's zero butt check coverage, that is a thong. Where people can differ is what inbetween "full coverage" or "american cut"...There's a guideline to what a "brazilian cut", but two different manfactures can have vastly differing coverages. Some people consider any visable but cheek to be a thong. Just want to be sure everyone is being clear.

IMO, a while ago thongs weren't popular as day to day underwear. One would get a rush to wear them as swimwear. Now that it's the most popular underwears for girls in their mid-teens-twenties, the rush is gone. :)

Thongs aren't uncomfortable to me, at all. In fact, I wear one just about every day - ok TMI. Anyways, would I wear one on a cruise during which 70% of the female population was wearing one? Sure, why not. I won't be the one stared at while men are thinking that I'm the on-board whore. Would I be the only one wearing one? NO. Now I'm not usually one who has the mentality that "if everyone does it it's okay," but in this instance, I'm thinking that "if everyone does it, LESS attention is singled out on me."

But no, I have no problem w/thongs, and I think they accentuate the butt on people who are already in shape/semi-in shape. Add a pair of wedge sandels w/a thong and you're ready to go!

I have seen them onboard. Perhaps more so when traveling over to Europe (we had one woman constantly removing her bathing suit top at the pool.....I had a problem with that). I have seen them in the Caribbean, on Carnival. Usually, they are young women, teens mostly. Do I have a problem with you wearing one? Nope. If you have the self confidence, go for it! The only thing you have to promise is that when people leer and make rude remarks, you'll remember this post!

Can a geezer hop in here?

For most of my almost-70 years on this planet, I have spent time pulling my britches OUT of my butt crack..... Why would anyone ever want to put something in there, on purpose????

Just askin'..........:confused:

Archived