How does the tendering process work?

mariaw8889

If your on a Ships tour you will receive Tickets in your Room which will give you the time to report and take the Tenders over to the dock or if your docked then you will have a time to report to the Docks. Your Tours will be numbered and Tour Staff will be waiting with Numbered Tour Signs. If you going off on your own, then you will get a ticket, giving you a time. They try and get those reporting for a tour off first, depending on the number getting off at a particular time.

Tickets?

We've been on 4 cruises, and only 1 with Royal Caribbean, aboard the Liberty of the Seas in Aug. We never had any tickets, or needed any tickets to tender to shore. And, we always went early, we had a balcony, and as soon as we saw the first tender, we walked down to catch it. Sure, there were lineups, but no tickets.

Based on my experience, the need for tickets depends on the port. My experience has been if they are using smaller tenders/lifeboats for tenders then you need a ticket (as an example Samana). The compass will tell you when/where to get a ticket. Suite passengers may be provided with a tender ticket in their room. Excursions had a meeting point to proceede to their tenders. You were not permitted to "line up" unless you had the ticket they just called. When we used the large "ferry style" tenders (e.x. Labadee) we just lined up - no tickets needed.

Our experience is also what was posted above - once the "rush" was over no tickets were needed - just line-up.

We tendered on the Greek Isles run for Splendour (I think it was Split, Croatia) last year. We had to go to the theatre the day prior early in the morning (I think from 7:30 - 10) to pick up the tickets...we were early so no line up. Then the next day we just showed up at the appropriate time and boarded the boat - quite exciting really, and something different than the docking process in the other ports.

Archived