Food Network - Carnival Cake on now!!

mariemorgan

Our family happened to be in Baltimore when they were filming this. The Carnival Fun Day was on Saturday, April 25th, and the boat didn't arrive in Baltimore until Monday the 27th, so all the filming was done out of order. You will notice during the show that they were making the Pride cake but in the background Geoff was working on some animals and not the marimba cake.

While I'm not certain when the filming on the boat was done, I'm not certain it was done that Monday as the cake wasn't complete.

I don't recall if the Pride actually sailed out of Baltimore on Monday the 27th...

Here's a pic of 2 of my kids playing in the water balloon booth...

CC.jpg.ad7a8f3859166eb6b324c01675f13203.jpg

"The Food Network" Challenge will do a show on Carnival too.. http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/specials/food_network_challenge.aspx?icid=CC_HMPG_334

it will be on this Sunday at 8 pm EST/ 5 PM PST.

Thanks for the link...Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it looks like it is Sunday the 27th not this Sunday..

We were also in Baltimore for the Fun Day. From what I understand, the actual delivery of the cake wasn't until 6/13, which is when we were on the Pride. Someone here on CC posted a review of our cruise mentioning he saw Duff make the cake delivery. I know the captions on the show said Inaugural cruise, but the fact that they were also doing graduation cakes also makes me believe it was actually later in the year.

Anyway, here's our beach ball photo:

IMG_0001.jpg

and a link to the photo album: http://picasaweb.google.com/cyntil8ing/CarnivalFunDay#

I missed the show last night, but was on the first cruise. While they did let a lot of media into the main dining room and it was blocked off during the boarding - I did not see a cake being delivered. We arrived shortly after she docked and were into the waiting lobby area until boarding.

Archived