Always let them know residency

Julma

I have never seen one for Oregon. :mad: I do keep checking every day. Three cruises with RCCL and never have seen an Oregon rate. I quallify for the Firefighter/EMT/Police rate as well and have never seen it either. Must just be the cruises I'm picking. :cool:

I have never seen one for Oregon. :mad: I do keep checking every day. Three cruises with RCCL and never have seen an Oregon rate. I quallify for the Firefighter/EMT/Police rate as well and have never seen it either. Must just be the cruises I'm picking. :cool:

Don't ever give up checking. It may turn out to really be worth it :D

I live in RI and I haven't seen a price drop yet....maybe because my cruise is too far out. Keeping my fingers cross!!

Hi kfs. Nice to see a fellow Rhode Islander here. :) We got ours a few weeks ago for our cruise on Explorer. I usually see the price drops a month or so before final payment is due. Here's hoping you get one!

I was living in Minnesota when I first made my reservation, but will be living in South Dakota when its time to cruise....what should I put down for residency? and can I change it from when I made my reservation?

You need to show ID at the pier to prove residency so if you have or will have an ID with a South Dakota address then use that. If you will still have a Minnesota ID and see a residency discount for that one, then I would use that. My mother has both a NH and a FL license so she routinely checks for a discount under both states.

When you edit your info on the shark you put in what state you live in. you can also do a price check on RCCL website by starting a reservation for the cruise you are on, when they ask if you are eligible for discounts such as senior or military there is a line to enter the state you live in. If there is a residency discount available when the rates come up for the different cabin types there will be a red rate that will say residency rate underneath the regular rate. We just got our second price drop for a total of 520. We are past our final payment date so we got a 320 OBC added to our acct. I checked my price this am and it was the same and on a whim checked this pm and found the drop. Todays drop was a drop in the base fare- not a residency or any other discount so it is available to everyone in our cabin type.

We booked with a residency rate and then the residency rate dropped 200 so they took that off our balance due. Next a 200 dollar drop using a senior discount came out on this past Monday. I called and had it applied to my MIL cabin so she had an OBC of 200 on her account(our final payment was last Sunday). This evening (I use cr-- shark) I had another rate drop, this time it was the base fare that dropped. We got a 320 OBC on our cabin and my MIL got an additional 120(for a totla of 320). As long as the rate is not for new bookings like the Tuesday sale they will apply it if you call. If you book thru a TAthey have to to make the call.

We just got a resident rate - first time. We live in Ontario, Canada and are sailing on November 23, 2009 on the Monarch of the Seas - 4 nights to the Bahamas. Oceanview stateroom for $149.00 CDN each. We weren't even planning on a cruise that week, we were going to go camping in South Carolina, lol. Campground cancelled, cruise booked!!!! :D

Archived