Hawaii cruise

shayne12

Hello I am wondering we are booked on the Hawaiian cruise, for a formal dinner night would my husband be turned away on formal dinner night if he was in a Hawaiian shirt and nice pants?Hey its Hawaii. Isn't this formal wear there? Thanks for your replys. Any body know?

Hello I am wondering we are booked on the Hawaiian cruise, for a formal dinner night would my husband be turned away on formal dinner night if he was in a Hawaiian shirt and nice pants?Hey its Hawaii. Isn't this formal wear there? Thanks for your replys. Any body know?

I have sailed to Hawaii on HAL on the Zaandam. I also have sailed to Hawaii three other times on other ships. I have seen people turned away on all of them. One was in my group on the Zaandam and this was on a Smart Casual night when a sport coat was required.

I would not wear the shirt only on formal nights. A dark suit is the least I would wear to the Main Dinning room on formal evenings.

PS

We are again on the Zaandam for the 10/8 sailing next month. So you have a great time on yours.

COP

Sports coats are not required on smart casual nights never have been.

OP on the Hawaii cruises they specify certain nights as "Hawaiian" or "Tropical" nights islandy looking wear is welcome then. My DH wears his Hawaiian shirts on most smart casual nights. He's never had a problem.

He runs the risk of being turned away from the main dining room, on a 'formal night', yes. But, having 'casual' dinner that night in the Lido is a great alternative. Enjoy your cruise! We're looking forward to ours - same itinerary - in early NOV

One of the men in our party left his suit hanging on the door when they left for the cruise. So all that he had was a Hawaiian shirt to wear for formal night. They were going to give him a jacket to wear but he was too tall and too large for the jacket so he just carried it in to the dining room. He was lucky. On the other formal nights they ate in their room as jackets were required for the men.

... on the Hawaii cruises they specify certain nights as "Hawaiian" or "Tropical" nights islandy looking wear is welcome then.

Are there Hawaiian nights before we get to the islands? We are at sea for 4 days and, because this is our first visit to Hawaii, do not yet have Hawaiian shirts (although we can - and will, if called for - accessorize with tropical themed items).

Are there Hawaiian nights before we get to the islands? We are at sea for 4 days and, because this is our first visit to Hawaii, do not yet have Hawaiian shirts (although we can - and will, if called for - accessorize with tropical themed items).

Hit a thrift shop or two before your cruise and get the most retina-burning Hawaiian shirts you can find, and tuck 'em into your suitcase :D

The first themed night is usually after the first Hawaiian shopping port. :D

We either didn't have Hawaiian or theme nights on our Feb 09 cruise or else we weren't aware of them. This was a 15 day cruise on the Zaandam. There was something on the lido deck the evening we were in Maui, but we left the port early and they didn't have the entertainment portion of that event. Formal nights were formal.

Archived