Advise!! got my docs, but now they say I owe $500!!

sheilb4

Sorry they didn't work with you :( I would do what has been suggested prevoiusly.

Check all you credit card charges and add them up. Call the TA and ask for a 3way call.

You may have to pay it to keep the cruise and then fight with them to get it back.

Good luck!

The price drop I received 2 days ago was for $400 and it was applied as obc...so still the figure of $500 doesn't match up...

When I just called C&A...they said the price had not dropped but had increased by $400...I have the email special to prove the reduction..he then recanted his statement...this is all very confusing, and worrying...:(

Friends of ours from ou Oct Cruise thought everything was fine, went to print out their Set Sail pass and couldrn't, come to find out after getting ahold of their TA, when they had told her to call in final payment, two months earlier, the TA had charged the amount back to her Office but never paid RCL. The TA had to make good the Deposit plus final payment. Our friends were reinstated back in their room, but were not certain they were going until around 3 weeks out of leaving for San Diego. RCL did an wireless transaction from the TA's business acct.Our TA always calls the Cruise lines and authorizes them to charge our Credit Card and I receive a statment after each payment is made.

This is very upsetting..called C&A, but as I anticipated they also would not discuss anything with me cos' of booking thru TA...

what I don't understand is, IF I owe this money why would they pick it up now, 7 weeks AFTER I made my final payment and 10 days AFTER I have my tickets?

IF my TA has screwed up, should I have to oay an extra $500 or should they? now I run the risk of losing my cruise (and the $4,000 already paid) if I don't pay this $500, which I know I already have...

What should I do?

Your TA has to verify all the payments with you, someone screwed up and you say you can verify all the payments on your CC bills? go over line by line and see where the error lies.

Are they saying your TOTAL was higher then what they charged or that you didn't pay all the charges? For example you were quoted $4000 but they are saying your bill was $4500? Or do you both agree on $4000 but they are saying you only paid $3500?

This is very upsetting..called C&A, but as I anticipated they also would not discuss anything with me cos' of booking thru TA...

what I don't understand is, IF I owe this money why would they pick it up now, 7 weeks AFTER I made my final payment and 10 days AFTER I have my tickets?

IF my TA has screwed up, should I have to oay an extra $500 or should they? now I run the risk of losing my cruise (and the $4,000 already paid) if I don't pay this $500, which I know I already have...

What should I do?

You've been given several really good hints here..... Call RCCL back and asked them a questions "is my reservation paid in full?" They won't try to help you out of your dilemma but they CAN tell you whether it's paid or not. If the answer is no, they will be able to give you the deposit date...and the amount...and the final payment and amount.

Then, CALL THAT TRAVEL AGENT, tell her you want a 3-way with RCCL....right now and you'll wait while she sets it up.....then participate in the conversation. Something is terribly wrong here.

1. No cruise line will issue documents or let you print documents unless you are paid in full.

2. If they are printed documents received from your TA, that TA can override the final payment requirement and print the documents without final payment actually being made...if she is using a computer for your booking.

3. You need to find out if your credit card charges were paid to Royal Caribbean ------ your statement will tell you....or was it paid to the travel agency......they aren't supposed to do that.

In any case, you must get on the phone now........and get this straightened out.

Thank you all for such wonderful advises....

My TA is saying I am paid in full. I received an invoice stating this...according to my cc all payments were made direct to RCCL...

The fare quoted etc has not changed except for some discounts awarded, but it all adds up ok...unfortunately one cc I made a 2nd deposit with, (approx 10months ago)I do not have any longer, so unable to verify.

Again, as already stated here, my balance showed "0" my tickets were issued and I have completed and printed out my sail pass info etc, so how could this be IF I still had a balance due...and especially when it is just 30 days out...the final balance HAD to be paid by Aug 5th I think it was...and which I did pay, and have statement to prove again...Oh my!! this is going to be a sleepless night! My TA says she will call RCCL in the am...

Thank you all for such wonderful advises....

My TA is saying I am paid in full. I received an invoice stating this...according to my cc all payments were made direct to RCCL...

The fare quoted etc has not changed except for some discounts awarded, but it all adds up ok...unfortunately one cc I made a 2nd deposit with, (approx 10months ago)I do not have any longer, so unable to verify.

Again, as already stated here, my balance showed "0" my tickets were issued and I have completed and printed out my sail pass info etc, so how could this be IF I still had a balance due...and especially when it is just 30 days out...the final balance HAD to be paid by Aug 5th I think it was...and which I did pay, and have statement to prove again...Oh my!! this is going to be a sleepless night! My TA says she will call RCCL in the am...

You don't have a statement from 10 months ago? Call the credit card company that is was put on and ask them? Yikes I guess I am a pack rat, I have every statement from the last 15 years. :eek:

I have email statements, but actually do not recall which bank the card belonged to as I had a bunch back then that I finally got rid of...so wouldn't have any info/# etc to give them. (bad girl, I know!!)

If my TA had omitted to make a payment, and this has all just come up today, how did I even get my tickets etc? should she/Agency be held responsible, or do I have to take the fall and have to cough up another $500?? this really doesn't seem right or fair. any thoughts? Thank you.

I have email statements, but actually do not recall which bank the card belonged to as I had a bunch back then that I finally got rid of...so wouldn't have any info/# etc to give them. (bad girl, I know!!)

If my TA had omitted to make a payment, and this has all just come up today, how did I even get my tickets etc? should she/Agency be held responsible, or do I have to take the fall and have to cough up another $500?? this really doesn't seem right or fair. any thoughts? Thank you.

If the amount was paid up to the net amount as I stated earlier then you are considered paid in full as far are the cruiseline is concerned. If the TA is trying the get their commission that is where the issue could be. You have to see where the problem lies to see who is at fault. Can you search any statements you have to locate the card you used. If have any hope of proving your payments you may have to show the total payments in writing and if you can't account for that "lost" payment (in writing) you may be forced to cough up the other $500.

...Only diff was that 2 days ago I received a discount for senior citizen (my mother) part of tuesday sale, which they applied as OBC.....

Was this Tuesday sale a WOW sale or something, for new bookings only?

Just a thought; seems like those sales have a $500 deposit. (And if it actually was a new-bookings-only sale, sadly you couldn't have gotten a discount/OBC on your already booked-and-paid-for cruise.)

Could your TA have mistakenly tried to re-book you at the wow sale price, which then triggered a charge for a $500 deposit to be paid asap, and it is this $500 deposit that you have been contacted about?

I know that sounds crazy, but $500 is often the exact reduced deposit amount for a sale like that, so maybe RCL thinks it is handling a new booking here.

Maybe you could ask RCL and the TA exactly what booking number, ship and date is associated with this $500 billing, and see if it exactly matches what you booked way back.

Best of luck!

Jan

I know this is a longshot, but to the people who know about Cruising Power. I can get into Cruising Power. Can I ONLY see reservations that were made with the company I used to work for or could I go in and see her reservation if she gives me her reservation number?

(I'm sure you'll all say I can't see it since this company didn't book it, but I thought I'd ask.)

I know this is a longshot, but to the people who know about Cruising Power. I can get into Cruising Power. Can I ONLY see reservations that were made with the company I used to work for or could I go in and see her reservation if she gives me her reservation number?

(I'm sure you'll all say I can't see it since this company didn't book it, but I thought I'd ask.)

Each agency can only see their own bookings on cruising power.

Just a thought; seems like those sales have a $500 deposit. (And if it actually was a new-bookings-only sale, sadly you couldn't have gotten a discount/OBC on your already booked-and-paid-for cruise.)

It was the tuesday sale and it showed a senior reduced rate for my sailing...RCCL applied this to my "already paid in full" booking as $400 obc

It wasn't a new booking. I already had the cruise docs too...

Sheil, as I suspected, I can't get into your reservation. My guess is there are others on this thread who could get into Cruising Power as well and they didn't offer it because they knew they couldn't. It makes sense.

Luckily you were able to reach your TA. It sounds like it'll be cleared up in the morning. Let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I will have more info in the am.

2 more final questions for you all....:o

IF my TA has messed up and thought she paid or gave me the wrong info etc...where do I stand? she sent me invoices after every transaction, until the final balance of $0...am I still liable or is the TA?

And finally...how did RCCL issue my tickets etc if $$ owed?

One thing that I can tell you is your TA has your cc info that you made the deposit on so you can get that info from the TA and then call the bank and just prove to them you are who you say you are. Also, a hint do not throw anything away that ever pertains to a cruise until said cruise is done. I always have a folder in my desk at home with all cruise information in it. I do not trust anyone with my money TA or anyone but me! Again your TA will have your cc information and should be able to give it to you.

Hopefully I will have more info in the am.

2 more final questions for you all....:o

IF my TA has messed up and thought she paid or gave me the wrong info etc...where do I stand? she sent me invoices after every transaction, until the final balance of $0...am I still liable or is the TA?

And finally...how did RCCL issue my tickets etc if $$ owed?

The first question, it depends. Frankly, to go after your TA for the amount owed may take a lawyer and TIME, something you don't have right now.

RCCL can issue tickets if the net is paid - the amount owed.

Remember, all you need this morning is for your TA to go to Cruising Power and click on PAYMENT DETAILS, FINAL PRICING, PROCEED TO CONFIRMATION and then EMAIL.

That's it.

If it still shows a balance due and she sees that all of your payments were applied correctly, then she needs to call RCCL on a 3 way with you.

Had my first update.....my TA is telling me that RCCL state that they never received a $500 payment back in november 08..

My TA sent me the invoice with it on there as paid!.....its only shows last 4 digits of a card I don't even recognize and don't have.. so don't have any info or even know if it was mine or which bank its from....

Just so odd that this all came up just yesterday the day after I recieeved a price reduction on the cruise.? ($400 obc)

What if my TA thought she had paid it but hadn't , or put it on someone elses account maybe? should she be responsible for screwing up or do I still have to pay an extra $500 as I can't prove the transaction from last year? even tho I have it in writing on an invoice from my TA as PAID....

What would you all suggest should happen?

What if my TA thought she had paid it but hadn't , or put it on someone elses account maybe? should she be responsible for screwing up or do I still have to pay an extra $500 as I can't prove the transaction from last year? even tho I have it in writing on an invoice from my TA as PAID....What would you all suggest should happen?

We can say that yes, she is responsible. But basically, if you can't prove that YOU made that payment, you have no legal ground to stand on. :(

What is the TA saying? You owe $500, pay up now? Keep asking her "What are YOU going to do about this?"

See what she says and come back to let us know.

Document all of the payments that have been made to your credit card. If you can document the details of each payment on your credit card activity statements, it is just a matter of determining which payment is missing from Royal Caribbean's records.

A TA invoice, for a charge to a credit card that is not yours, sounds like a mistake and perhaps you were never actually charged for that amount, thus the balance due now. Good luck sorting it all out!

We can say that yes, she is responsible. But basically, if you can't prove that YOU made that payment, you have no legal ground to stand on. :(

What is the TA saying? You owe $500, pay up now? Keep asking her "What are YOU going to do about this?"

Surely an invoice from the TA at time of booking will show the $500 paid (assuming you paid it to the TA.

In which case, surely the onus is on the TA to prove you didn't pay it rather than on you to prove that you did.

In anycase, as someone else said, probably better, if push comes to shove, to pay it, and then start proceedings against your TA.

Sheili wow this sounds like our friends situation last Oct. They had authrorized a payment, but it was never called into RCL. It is possible your TA had #2 Bookings in front of her at the time she called and looked at the wrong one when she called in the payment, but then I would like the other party would be questioning her for calling in a payment. Our friends TA had to make good the Payment she failed to call in + Deposit again as their cruise was cancelled for non payment. You are receiving excellant advise above and agree, get with your TA and have her call RCL while your there. Our friends situation got straightened out and they cruised 3 weeks alter. They were flying into San Diego from Rhode Island.

You are all so fab with your input/advise...THANK YOU so much!!Unfortunately the original deposit was made with a card I don't have now and truly cannot even remember which bank etc..all I know is what I have on all my invoices from my TA.

Seems now, that she has messed up and maybe applied this $$ to another account maybe, instead of mine...

But again I question, how was this never picked up until yesterday when I had made my final payment almost 2 months ago and have my tickets/cruise docs in hand.....

Do you think my TA should take responsibility for this error and pay this, if it is so...?

or do I just have to trust/believe this is correct and find another $500 somewhere...!!!??? My cruise in in 29 days!!!

What would you do? :eek:

Archived