Advise!! got my docs, but now they say I owe $500!!

sheilb4

Sheil, that's great that you got the $300 price drop but did you ALSO get back the $500 that was credited to the closed card? I know the credit went there, but did the bank give you the $500, or are you now just happy that you got a $300 credit but kind of still out $200?

Yes finally...it was refunded back to a card that I had paid off and had closed....so the pay off included the $500 which was missed somehow...don't ask ...!

Bottom line, 2 weeks out from a cruise , final payment done, received tickets etc and suddenly RCCL/TA "discover" a balance of $500...still can't figure that out, but all sorted now PHEW!! Thanks. :)

I remember reading your thread.

Do I have this correct? TA had a refund put on your credit card for the last payment you made of $500 and that amount went towards your payoff of the credit card?

I remember reading your thread.

Do I have this correct? TA had a refund put on your credit card for the last payment you made of $500 and that amount went towards your payoff of the credit card?

No, TA did not do this - RCL did it when they transfered the booking to the TA. The fault lies with RCL not the TA.

No, TA did not do this - RCL did it when they transfered the booking to the TA. The fault lies with RCL not the TA.

I see that part but I still don't see where the OP has her $500 back. That question really hasn't been answered. The payoff included the $500 that was missed?? If I got $500 back, I know I would have noticed it but that's just me. If it was credited back to a closed account, the credit card company would have sent a check for the credit balance. I know the OP says they can't remember what card was used and saw the credit appear on a credit report but any credit report I have ever seen only shows balances, not actual transactions.

I also wouldn't consider that I "have my OBC credit back" because I found another price drop. The new price drop should be additional OBC not the only OBC they now have.

I see that part but I still don't see where the OP has her $500 back. That question really hasn't been answered. The payoff included the $500 that was missed?? If I got $500 back, I know I would have noticed it but that's just me. If it was credited back to a closed account, the credit card company would have sent a check for the credit balance. I know the OP says they can't remember what card was used and saw the credit appear on a credit report but any credit report I have ever seen only shows balances, not actual transactions.

I also wouldn't consider that I "have my OBC credit back" because I found another price drop. The new price drop should be additional OBC not the only OBC they now have.

My understanding is the OP DID receive her $500 credit back to her credit card but did NOT notice it...therefore it was part of her pay off to close the account...so they really did owe the money that RC & the TA told her she did...

I agree though..she didn't really get her OBC back...but maybe replaced.. but I'm sure having some OBC regardless of the reason is better than none!

Great thread been following this from the beginning. Glad everything worked out. I have a question as per the quote below. How do you check your balance and OBS online?

Don't panic yet...the other day I called for a $100 price drop

They said I would get $100 obc

Then I checked my account on line and it siad i owed $900!!!

I called RC immediately and they said don't worry

Our computer systen is weird and we have to do it this way

In order to not have iit go on your credit card???????

I don't get it at all...BUT...later they sent me an updated

e-mail of my account and it was all fixed...I checked on-line

again and sure enough it was fixed there too!!

I almost had a heart attack...but it all straightened out

I guess with many people calling in for price drops it takes

them time to "manually" fix it as they explained to me!!!

Kay

Thank you,

Al

Very interesting and confusing thread. As most of you know, I always book direct and have no use for a TA or their services. It is, however, amusing that when pinned down, the TA's usually offer "service" as the reason to use them. I think I've seen it a hundred times: "if things ever go wrong, you have an advocate on your side to resolve them with the cruiseline. And, after all, you are just one person when you book direct, but our agency has the leverage of thousands of bookings with the cruiseline!"

Ya, right.

Peter

Very interesting and confusing thread. As most of you know, I always book direct and have no use for a TA or their services. It is, however, amusing that when pinned down, the TA's usually offer "service" as the reason to use them. I think I've seen it a hundred times: "if things ever go wrong, you have an advocate on your side to resolve them with the cruiseline. And, after all, you are just one person when you book direct, but our agency has the leverage of thousands of bookings with the cruiseline!"

Ya, right.

Peter

I always book with a T/A ( same one I've been using for years! I have been on cruise's where flights were delayed ( I booked my own flight) others on that Same delayed flight booked through RC ( no T/A).

I could get in contact with my T/A on that Sunday, whereas the people that booked directly with RC, had no contact at all to get Help!

Luckily my T/A found another airline to get us on, so we could arrive at the pier in time. Sure I could of ran around the airport and tried to book flights with other carrier's, and then I could of missed my delayed flight, if it happened to get fixed and take off!

To each his own!:)

I thought a cruise was all paid once and when we checked in we were pulled aside and told that we needed to pay the balance. We looked at the person and told him we paid it all in full( as we all do). What happened was the TA did not pay it. I was made to pay there and then I took it up with the TA after. I did get a refund check and I left that agency for good. Since then I found an online ta that has been wonderful. Would not give up the OBC that she gives me to book directly with RCI. Her service is great and she has always fought hard for all coupons to be awarded and all other stuff has been smooth. Lesson learned should be: get a new TA!

My understanding is the OP DID receive her $500 credit back to her credit card but did NOT notice it...therefore it was part of her pay off to close the account...so they really did owe the money that RC & the TA told her she did...

I agree though..she didn't really get her OBC back...but maybe replaced.. but I'm sure having some OBC regardless of the reason is better than none!

The TA used my OBC to pay off the outstanding/newly discovered $500 balance...(excl $50 RCCL gave her for her "trouble" !!!!)

Regardless, I was lucky enough to get a rate reduction over the w/end so have most of original OBC amount back, so it has worked out that I now have more OBC, so I am "happy" ....but think I shall book RCCL direct in future...:eek: :D

Sheil I am so happy for you that everything has been resolved. The topic of TA or Cruise lines will be debated for a long time, depending on ones personal experience. There probably is no right or wrong way, it depends on what we each are happy & comfortable with. As Pmsherl mentioned, & I feel the same, a TA has more leverage in resolving any problems that occurred during a cruise.

Archived