NY Hotel Info, useful to me, maybe you can use

twoatsea

Found what I think are 2 good deals in NY. First booked close to Manhattan terminal & then discovered we are sailing out of the Brooklyn terminal!

1. Comfort Inn - just opened 3 weeks ago; Times Sq area; can walk to Manhattan cruise term; #212-767-0223; 877-424-6423; for 11/4/09 2 adults=$206.99 senior rate; same as AAA rate; senior & AAA rate no cancel fee if cancel 24 hours before arrival. I think that is a great rate for a brand new hotel right in the middle of everything!

2. Holiday Inn Express by LGA - 718-699-0994; free shuttle to/from airport & a mall (food court, bottled water/soda, sit down & fast food restaurants, shops); no restaurant in hotel; comp breakfast; front desk will call private taxi to Brooklyn cruise port with flat rate of $42, or can take comp shuttle back to airport to meet cruise transfer staff; gets good reviews; 11/4/09 2 adults=$114 senior rate; AAA & senior rate are the same & no cancellation fee if cancel w/i 24 hrs before arrvl. I think this is a bargain!

Good luck everyone & happy cruising.

It was kind of the OP to post the info. HOWEVER, the Holiday Inn is quite a ways from the airport (about 5 miles) and there is really NOTHING around. It sits just about on top of the LIE (Long Island Expressway) which is a VERY busy highway.

For the same money (sometimes even less), you can bid Priceline, 3.5* and you will ONLY get the Crowne Plaza or the Marriott. If you see a 3.5* hotel on Hotwire for LGA ONLY, those will also be the Crowne or the Marriott.

Both are FULL SERVICE hotels with restaurants and bars (2 in each hotel-fancy dining room and bar type food).

I frequently stay at one of these hotels after a long flight before I have to dive into business meetings. I always use Priceline and I have rarely had to pay more than $125.

IF you are arriving late afternoon/early evening at LGA, you may do well to just stay at the airport IF you don't want to sightsee in Manhattan. You will most likely save quite a bit of money, especially if you use Priceline and bid 3.5* ONLY.

A friend of mine recently stayed at the Howard Johnson near LaGuardia Airport. He told me that the room rate was just over $100 for the night, provided very good service, and was everything he expected for a mid-price hotel. The location is in downtown Flushing so it is within walking distance of the City's best Chinese restaurants, all types of retail, and both a subway station and a LIRR station for making easy excursions into Manhattan. I don't know if the hotel provides courtesy transportation between the airport and the hotel. Other airport hotels in downtown Flushing include the Best Western, Sheraton, Comfort Inn, and Wingate.

The Comfort Inn that opened 3 weeks ago is at 343 W. 44th St.

We have reservations at this hotel a week from today. We will stay there two nights before we leave on our Canada/New England cruise. There are now four reviews on Trip Advisor for this hotel and 17 photos. The rooms are small, but it is getting good reviews. They have a free breakfast, as well. I will report back after our stay. Our rates are $116.99 a night. We booked it as soon as they started accepting reservations. Hope we aren't disappointed.

Archived