Need Hotel by Los Angeles Port

dantobey

Flying into LAX day before 11/07/2009 sailing. Anyone know cost of getting to the port. Do any of the Hotels in port area offer airport pickup?

By LA port, do you mean San Pedro and not Long Beach? If it's San Pedro, none of the hotels have airport shuttles. The Crowne Plaza and Doubletree (and possibly others) do have free shuttles from the hotels to the port. The Super Shuttle can be taken from LAX to the hotels. If you use Priceline and bid a 3 1/2 star for San Pedro, you'll get either the Doubletree or the Crowne Plaza.

You know what I find very helpful? Reading member reveiws for the cruise you're going on - lots of people usually mention which hotel they stayed at before the cruise and offer their opinions, state what the hotel offeres re food and transportation, etc. I find other peoples reviews to be packed with good information!

Flying into LAX day before 11/07/2009 sailing. Anyone know cost of getting to the port. Do any of the Hotels in port area offer airport pickup?

I also recommend the Crowne Plaza.

I stayed here several times and love the location. From my hotel window I saw the Mariner docked.

Yes, they have a shuttle to the ship and pick you up after the cruise.

The hotel is beautiful and very clean.

Crowne Plaza Hotel

LOS ANGELES HARBOR HOTEL

601 S. PALOS VERDES ST.

SAN PEDRO, CA 90731 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-310-5198200 | Hotel Fax: 1-310-5198421

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/laxpv

For those who drive to the port, they will keep your car in an underground parking garage for 14 nights. It is included in their package deal with the Park and Cruise/Sail package.

Walk 1 block down and you are on the piers at the Port's O' Call Marketplace with lots of shops and restaurants.

http://www.sanpedro.com/sp_point/portcall.htm

EDIT: I believe this is the closest hotel to the piers.

Thanks for all the post. I'll ckeck with the Crown Plaza to see what their what their Sail and Stay packages cost. I use Priceline often for car rentals so I can check there also.

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from San Pedro? Got a great deal on NCL's Star, $318 pp for a GTY outside. Then transfered AMEX points in my Southwest airlines account for two free tickets from Philly to LAX. Hate to blow the bargain trip on transfers and hotel.

I am not aware of a hotel that offers airport pick up complimentary...but the Doubletree San Pedro has been a great place for us to stay pre cruise. We have driven up and stayed there before each of our cruises from LA and loved it. The hotel is nice, the rooms are comfy, its a short drive to retaurants and the shuttle to and from the port has always worked out nicely

Archived