Live From the Golden...YVR...LA...HI

ccrain

Aloha Don,

Yes, that was my wife and Leialoha on the Diamond back in 2007. We will be back this season on the Golden, so you will see us for sure. Come and say aloha.

Malama Pono,

Dave

Elua

We will for sure. Mahalo for replying to my message.

Greetings from the residents of C753....ok not really but I had you for a minute, didn't I?!?

Seriously ccrain, glad to have you posting again. You have such a great sense of humor and great descriptive ability, the stories come to life!

The elite lounge in skywalkers---is it every night or just one night?

And WONDERFUL to hear about wheelhouse's new smoking policy. It's good that they have some smoking venues for folks who smoke to enjoy, but I've been harping at Princess for years to have at least one smoke-free music venue. You can't have half and half, smoke drifts--it's one or the other. So it's nice to have one for us non-smokers, too!!!

Would you please tell me more about the Elite get together in Skywalkers...do you receive a letter in your stateroom with time etc.?

Thanks and have a wonderful cruise.

Hey winecountry, where at in Napa? We're over by Vintage High School! LOL, such a small small world :p

Ccrain, am I right in thinking that you don't have a full sea day on this coastal? That will be nice as once your Hawaii portion begins you'll have 5 whole days! What are your plans for San Francisco? Looks like you've missed the big "heat wave," it never got as hot as they anticipated.

tell me more about those suites on Deck 15, will you be able to post some pictures? I checked them out on the deckplan but that really doesn't tell you a whole lot.

Dont know if this will help. But if you look at the dry dock slide show HERE you will the 1st couple photos are of the new Deck 15 suites. I thought they were WS cat. But they are PS and OS cat.

Pretty much the same as VS.

We also have pictures in our 07 slide show in our sig. It was a VS on Diamond but pretty much the same. Except these are NEWER. :)

Hope that helped.

I am also reading with interest of your "Live from" as I will be on the Golden next month, Oct. 25th. She is a wonderful ship. We were on her just this past May in Alaska and everything as you said was done to perfection so looking forward to two weeks on her next month. Thanks for doing the live from.

Marilyn

Would you please tell me more about the Elite get together in Skywalkers...do you receive a letter in your stateroom with time etc.?

Thanks and have a wonderful cruise.

We received a cruise schedule on the first day. Bascially everday at 5pm for 2 hours. then a letter comes each day describing the food to be served. It is a very nice venue.

This was a great idea by Princess. Much appreciated by everyone who attends.

Spinning bikes are Star Trac Spinner Pros. There is a place for a clip. Clip are not provided, but toe cages are.

Jean Paul Musiu is the Matre De. David Cole is the CD. Norbert Sommerhalter is the Executive Chef.

Can you ask Jean Paul if he is going to be on the Golden, October 25th? Thanks. He is an old friend.

Here we are. The one and only sea day on the run to San Fran. I see the heat wave has not occurred. We are currently in the marine layer with just bits of blue here and there. Cool, breezy, but no cooking, cleaning, washing or working. Can't complain.

After yesterday we are officially sore to the bone. That's what happens when you get rambunctious. We left the docks in Victoria and walked around the southern edge through the parks. Blue sky, clear water, absolutely beautiful. The parks are just great for walking and picture taking. We then cut across to the inner harbor via the Beacon Hill park and gardens. Really, really nice. Lots of picture taking, flowers, trees, gardens, peacocks, totem poles. Just a great morning jaunt. Went by the Museum, the parliment building, all the other totem poles, statues, harbor front and the cute little houses on the docks near the fishing marina. I seem to remember a this old house episode, or maybe they have the same thing back east. Really cute little studio type apartment sized "houses" on the docks.

Note about Travel Insurance. You never know when you will need it. A lady slipped and fell on the curb and hurt her ankle. I'm sure they would recommend x-rays and wrapping. The cost of which would completely exceed any travel insurance purchased - and just a simple slip.

But we made it back to the ship after 9 klicks according to Judy's pedometer.

After coming back from the walk, we hit the buffet. Lunch in the buffet is actually quite good. Here the Golden shines better than most. Its hard to make buffet food look and taste good, but they do a pretty good job and service in the seating areas is simply second to none.

Full night last night - power nap was absolutely necessary. We started with the ball room class. Taught by one of the dancers, Vian. GREAT instructor. We've had pros and amateurs on Princess and quite frankly the pros are too insistent on doing things right - in other words, their way. Not Vian. He was great. We did a swing class in the Wheelhouse, technical difficulties in the Vista, and today, hopefully we will do the foxtrot.

Then to line dancing class taught by David, not David Cole.

Dinner was actually in the dining room. Alaskan menu. Very good. I had the cheese plate for an app, learned that trick from CC and I love cheese.

(Gotta remember to post every now and then to not lose everything due to a time out.)

So back to dinner. Judy had the Fetticune Alfredo. She is my pasta holic, and she pronounced it MMMMMMMMM - impolite to talk with your mouth stuffed full pasta. At least she didn't lick the bowl clean - we were in public after all.

I had the seafood soup which was a clear consume with pieces of fish, shellfish and veggies. Pretty good. Judy had the corn chowder. It was better. Thick, rich and creamy.

Our main course was the surf and turf. Filet cooked perfectly, three grilled shrimp, grilled asparagus, carrots and potatoes. Wonderful, great, tasty, MMMMMMMMM...

Dessert was the Vanilla creme brule for Judy, cheesecake and nectarine ice cream for me. Just can't beat Princess cheesecake. Judy really liked the creme brule - I'm just not a fan of brule at all - and the nectarine ice cream was light on nectarine flavor by good.

Speaking of ice cream - ITS FREE SOFT SERVE!!!!!!

(Gotta remember to post every now and then to not lose everything due to a time out.)

So back to dinner. Judy had the Fetticune Alfredo. She is my pasta holic, and she pronounced it MMMMMMMMM - impolite to talk with your mouth stuffed full pasta. At least she didn't lick the bowl clean - we were in public after all.

I had the seafood soup which was a clear consume with pieces of fish, shellfish and veggies. Pretty good. Judy had the corn chowder. It was better. Thick, rich and creamy.

Our main course was the surf and turf. Filet cooked perfectly, three grilled shrimp, grilled asparagus, carrots and potatoes. Wonderful, great, tasty, MMMMMMMMM...

Dessert was the Vanilla creme brule for Judy, cheesecake and nectarine ice cream for me. Just can't beat Princess cheesecake. Judy really liked the creme brule - I'm just not a fan of brule at all - and the nectarine ice cream was light on nectarine flavor by good.

Speaking of ice cream - ITS FREE SOFT SERVE!!!!!!

All I can think of to say is MMMMMMMM! :p You're making me hungry and it's only 9AM!

Scoops is no more.

Now we have free soft serve, vanilla or chocolate or swirl, as many or as much as you want. Still not sure if they have the ice cream in the HC at 330. Gotta check on that today.

So after dinner, it was time to work off some calories. Once again they had canned music in the wheelhouse. So we waited for the Baby Dolls in explorers and then danced for a couple of hours until time to go to MUTS at 10pm for Wolverine. The MUTS screen is brand new, has a couple of pixel flaws in it, but it much better than the one on the Grand.

But after such a packed day, we lasted about 45 minutes into the movie and crashed. Hard to watch a movie with your eyes closed. Since the captain is booking for San Fran, we had the door open last night and went to sleep with the wake noise, a slight rolling motion, completely exhausted and in each others arms. Just can't get any better than that.

A couple of notes of interest in today's patter. they will be serving a pub lunch in the Crown Grill. They are having a sale, I'll be left over Alaska stuff, today as well.

They do have "shows" by resident comedians and jugglers in the Piazza during the day and they have wine events in Vines. Today's is a Stammtisch with 3 wines and cheeses for $15.

BTW, We are going to take a closer look at the Deck 15 suits on turn around day. Maybe get some photos as well.

Our CC meeting is at 11 and its time to go to ball room class.

A little rocking and rolling right now. Still in the marine layer...gotta run... more later or tomorrow. E'ya later.

Archived