Ncl star is in astoria oregon today and so is the pearl

rsohn65820

The Star is in Astoria today on it's way to Los Angeles. It is a beautiful day here about 86 degrees. I can go out on our hotel room balcony and see her docked. We will be flying down to LA in a little over a month to take the Star to Mexico. It is our first time to Mexico and our first cruise.

1150940122_NCLStarinAstoria023.jpg.c35de591a6fe6c59e020b1137c74c51f.jpg

1244351032_NCLStarinAstoria013.jpg.e7b8fddeebe60c86e00c4c330ba95d03.jpg

The Star is in Astoria today on it's way to Los Angeles. It is a beautiful day here about 86 degrees. I can go out on our hotel room balcony and see her docked. We will be flying down to LA in a little over a month to take the Star to Mexico. It is our first time to Mexico and our first cruise.

Give that Pearl a shove off the pier we need her in Miami soon. :D

What a sight and what a beautiful day here.

The Star docked and the Pearl tendered passengers.

Saw many crew members out and about kept looking for our favorite bar staff from the Star but didn't see them. Two months and a day and we will be headed for the Panama Canal on the Star!!

Wow I wish we were there! I love Astoria and with that weather, the sail in and out must have been fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing!

We're on the Star for the 2 nighter :o after my parents get off the Nov. 14th Mexico sailing. I just upgraded them from their mini to a Romance suite.....my mom celebrates her 80th birthday on board and they've never had a butler!:D I'm so happy, but have to be quiet for a month and a half.....my 18 year old son says "Boy mom, you know how you can't keep a secret!!!!! You really need to be quiet!" LOL! At least they don't come to cruise critic, so I can spill the beans here!:p

4 cruisers- your parents will be so well taken care of! You are a good daughter (?)

Today was a record temperature wise for sure, the Star left first, the Pearl was still in Port at 5pm, we can see the ships from about a mile from our house, right as they enter the bar (thats Columbia River Bar) LOL

i wasnt real KEEN on going to the PC on the STAR* again having sailed her 3 out of my last 4 cruises but ya know you APPRECIATE something MORE when you dont have it...having NOT been on a cruise since last DEC and seeing her there and her COLORFUL STARS*...i cant wait til we meet up with HER in Miami in 74 days:)!!!!

EVERYONE sailing on HER before...TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER;)

i wasnt real KEEN on going to the PC on the STAR* again having sailed her 3 out of my last 4 cruises but ya know you APPRECIATE something MORE when you dont have it...having NOT been on a cruise since last DEC and seeing her there and her COLORFUL STARS*...i cant wait til we meet up with HER in Miami in 74 days:)!!!!

EVERYONE sailing on HER before...TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER;)

Hey STARFISH*4 ... Sounds like the Star has truly become "your home away from home " - like in the NCL theme song!!! LOL :D

4 cruisers- your parents will be so well taken care of! You are a good daughter (?)

Today was a record temperature wise for sure, the Star left first, the Pearl was still in Port at 5pm, we can see the ships from about a mile from our house, right as they enter the bar (thats Columbia River Bar) LOL

Thanks for your kind words, NW! I try! :o

You live in an amazing spot! My husband and I took a cooking and wine tour the last two times we were in Astoria and had SUCH a great time. We haven't gotten to see much of your area, but have loved the people we have met there! We hope to be able to take the Pearl from L.A. to Seattle next April and I see that Astoria is on the port list again! That's a PLUS PLUS to us!:cool:

Hey STARFISH*4 ... Sounds like the Star has truly become "your home away from home " - like in the NCL theme song!!! LOL :D

lol...good one MARG....ya know we were wondering IF we would ever cruise on another ship.......lol...but then came the SPIRIT and in january the JEWEL and next dec the DAWN so we are TRYING but i guess the STAR* will always be the FIRST!!!

i guess i just wanted some VARIETY and it seemed it was always the STAR with the GOOD DEAL!!!

We were on the Star that day in Astoria and have to say the people in Astoria are the friendliest we've seen from those who met us at the pier, the rental car people, those at the various stores, etc.

We where on the Star also and I totally agree with you on that.

Archived