Underwater Cameras

hillorama

Based on good reviews and some fantastic pictures right here on this board, we chose the Canon Powershot D10. It just arrived (best price was Amazon) so I haven't had a chance to give it a go yet. It's waterproof to 30 feet, so for diving I guess we can buy it a housing.

I just bought the Canon D10 this past summer to take on our Freedom cruise. It worked great "in" the water and "out". I could have bought a housing for my other Canon...an older SD200...but didn't want the hassle of taking the camera in and out of the housing.

I really liked taking just one camera on our tours...and it takes pretty good video as well. The camera is also "shock" proof which kept me from worrying so much about it getting broken while we were ziplining, etc.

If you want to see some of the photos taken with this camera, check out my Freedom review (link is in my signature.) All of the port photos were taken with this camera...including many underwater photos in Cozumel. (The ship photos were taken with the older camera.)

So far the only negative is that I'm used to my tiny Canon SD200 and this camera is a bit bulky...not big...but just too large to fit in a pocket.

If you want to see some of the photos taken with this camera, check out my Freedom review (link is in my signature.) All of the port photos were taken with this camera...including many underwater photos in Cozumel.

You must have missed my last post in that thread, when I said Canon should be paying you commission- you're the reason I bought this camera! :D

I just got the fuji underwater one for 180 bucks it will suit my needs as I won't use it underwater much

I needed a new camera anyway

Anyone ever used it??

I just bought the Fuji too, $143 on Amazon http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/z/finepix_z33wp/

Leaving on a cruise Sunday and will be snorkleing at all 4 ports and using it a lot. So far, I love it.

Fuji makes a nice one, does videos as well. 150 bucks on Amazon. used it on my 8/23 Conquest cruise and I posted a ton of photos on my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1051186

Awesome. Thanks for posting that. Pics look great. I read some mixed revies about that camera, but I feel good about it now.. You can't beat the price.

You must have missed my last post in that thread, when I said Canon should be paying you commission- you're the reason I bought this camera! :D

Actually I did see your post...but just didn't remember your name! Hopefully the camera will live up to all of my hype! :)

I just bought the new Olympus 560,replacing the 550 at Wally Mart.I went for the Fuji but they were all sold out.Told me I had 30 days to bring it back if I don't like it.It was $169. I also treated myself to a nice pair of Bushnell Binoculars to sit out on the balcony to see if I can see ant dolphins.They are waterproof and fogproof.Told my DH in case I drop them he can just dive in and retrieve them for me:p

We just got back from the PG last week. It was wonderful. Re Cameras: We have had 2 Olympus underwater cameras, both of which have leaked (1 just outside of waranty, the other in waranty). After reading that this is a common event, I finally ponied up for the Canon D10. There is no comparison. The Canon is vastly superior in picture quality, in the water and out. Our friends on the trip had the Olympus and couldn't get over how much better our pics looked (and theirs started to leak). Have fun and say Hi to Tess, the worlds greatest bartender, at the pool bar (we were the ones who brought our own tequila for margaritas -- PG has only Cuervo).

[quote name='singbluesilver1']I just got the fuji underwater one for 180 bucks it will suit my needs as I won't use it underwater much

I needed a new camera anyway

Anyone ever used it??[/quote]

We bought a Fuji as well. Altough we have not used it underwater yet, otherwise it is a great camera

Archived