Checkin and leave

amitt

Hi all,

Voyager from barcelona - Is it possible that we checkin our luggage in the ship (at say 12pm) and then go out a take a round of the city?

And can we have lunch in Windjammer or MDR before we go out :D ?

I would definitely not take any risks, but does the 90 mins time still apply when we come back because we have already checked in?

Several years ago we sailed out of San Juan and were at the ship and checked in by 1 p.m. After a quick lunch in the WJ, we left the ship and walked over to Old Town where we spent several hours. The ship wasn't scheduled to leave until 10 p.m. and we saw it as a great opportunity to have some time sightseeing in San Juan.

Karen

Once you have checked in and have your sea pass cards you can leave the ship. Is it possible you can check in even earlier than noon? You can have lunch in the Windjammer. The main dining room will not be open.

Just make sure you are back on board by the time requested (usually 1/2 hour prior to sailing) and there will be no problems.

There are shuttle buses that run from the pier to Christopher Columbus statue at the end of Las Ramblas. You'll love Barcelona. Have fun.

amitt, if you are sailing on the Nov 29th 2009 Sailing, there is a Roll Call going and many there that can assist you. They even have a Web Site going so it is an active Roll call and several there whom I know that can really give you great advise. Click on the RCL Roll Call Section, under Voyager, the Thread is near the top. Sorry I don't have the Link handy.

Thank you for all your replies guys. I am on the voyager/18th Oct and the ship starts at 7pm.

I just checked in online and have a Sea pass now. I thought I had to come back by 5pm or so (90 mins prior to sailing as it is the first day). Does having a sea pass make it possible to come until 30 mins before?

Can just wait!:D

Thank you for all your replies guys. I am on the voyager/18th Oct and the ship starts at 7pm.

I just checked in online and have a Sea pass now. I thought I had to come back by 5pm or so (90 mins prior to sailing as it is the first day). Does having a sea pass make it possible to come until 30 mins before?

Can just wait!:D

I would verify the all aboard time but you should have a few hours to see some things.

What you printed out is probably your set sail pass. This is what you need to check in at the pier and get you SeaPass card. Once you have checked in at the pier your sea pass is your room key, boarding card and account pass.That is what you will need to get back on board. As someone else said, you will have to confirm the time you will need to be back on board. At most visited ports that is 30 minutes before the ship sets sail. On day of embarkation I don't know for sure.

I hope this makes sense.

Have a great cruise.

Archived