wondering about more weird things (CB)

O2B@Cagain

So, after thinking about the firedoors and some other stuff, I have been perusing the Caribbean Princess deck plans and have a few weirdies myself:

1. What is cybergolf and is there a charge?

2. For the putting green, do you borrow or rent putters somewhere?

3. Do you have to get to the MUTS early or is there enough space for everyone to watch?

4. (This coffee thing still has me baffled) So to get a "good" cup of coffee in the dining room (breakfast, lunch or dinner) you have to either bring a cup from the International Cafe or pony up for an espresso drink?

I't's easy to start to obsess over things, especially when you are addicted to CC like I am. Not everyone hates the coffee...I really like good coffee, grind my own beans at home, drink my coffee black and really like a double expresso. With that said, I have no issues with Princess Coffee. I have it for room service in the morning, and it is OK. It's not the best, but it is superior to instant which I would compare it too. So, try it and see what you think before you go nuts. I was on the Star Princess when she caught fire, and have first hand experience of why fire doors are there and what they can do. When we left our cabin to go to general quarters at 2am we encounted closed firedoors. Rather than push them open, we turned around and went to another exit. While we encountered some smoke, we had very little and when we returned to our cabin, or belongings were all safe and had no smoke smells noted on them.

Since then, we do tend to notice where the firedoors are and always know where our secondary exit would be.

Cybergolf is a computer golf simulation where the computer senses your stroke and displays where the ball goes on a large screen.

Putters and balls are at the princess links.

earliest arriving get the best seats for MUTS, but there are plenty of seats. If rain may happen, the early worms get the covered seats.

The reason Princess uses coffee from a syrup is environmental, economical, and practical. Coffee for a ship with 3500 passengers and 1200 staff is a staggering thought. The work required to brew and dispose of grounds would be immense. Yes, a hotel has regular coffee, but not for 4000 + passengers at all hours of day and night, and not at sea where you can't just put the grounds out in your mulch pile.

"and not at sea where you can't just put the grounds out in your mulch pile." One of the best comments yet about the coffee debate. We just drink the syrup - it's comparable to our local coffee shop "brewed" stuff. The best part - I'm not preparing it!

If you really want to have your own coffee blend from home you can do so. You must purchase a device called "Aerobie AeroPress" ( http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress_story.htm ) and bring your own grounds or beans and a grinder. You may then prepare your coffee in the International Cafe or dining room by asking for hot water as you would for your own tea. You will need to dispose of your used grounds in an appropriate manner. I have been personally tempted (as I have a coffee blend to which I am addicted) but have resisted so far. :)

My DH is a compulsive worrier. His former job was concerning national security, and he fusses about everything. I cannot fill our car because he needs to calculate exactly how many mpg we are getting. He obsesses about food. We find that Princess cruising is perfect for him. Everything is taken care of. Unless having a less than perfect cup of coffee ruins your day, you will be very happily relieved of responsibilities during a wonderful cruise.

Cybergolf is a computer golf simulation where the computer senses your stroke and displays where the ball goes on a large screen.

Putters and balls are at the princess links.

earliest arriving get the best seats for MUTS, but there are plenty of seats. If rain may happen, the early worms get the covered seats.

The reason Princess uses coffee from a syrup is environmental, economical, and practical. Coffee for a ship with 3500 passengers and 1200 staff is a staggering thought. The work required to brew and dispose of grounds would be immense. Yes, a hotel has regular coffee, but not for 4000 + passengers at all hours of day and night, and not at sea where you can't just put the grounds out in your mulch pile.

Bob:

Hahahahaaa..... day-am you are good!

If having "real" coffee is that important, then purchase the coffee card and you can get all the brewed coffee you desire at the locations that do brew it. Anything special like expresso will cost you a punch on the card, if not then take the card with you on future cruises until the card is used up.

Archived