Mini Van vs SUV rental

zetachi

Not really a cruise question but here goes.

We own a Mini Van (Chrystler T&C) and have no problems with storage. We have always rented a Mnivan when we travel and barely have room once the 3 adults, 2 kids and all our luggage is packed in.

Anyone have any experience with rental SUV's such as the Dodge Durango etc. vs Mini Vans? Would we have more, less or same storage/seating space?

Thanks

mini van has the most people /storage space. we have a minivan , and rent a mini van when we travel , we have 3 adult sized kids . it fits us and our bagage. this past trip we got a suv, it was fine for lugage but people space was was too tight . go with the mini van. you wont look cool but your family will be happier!!:)

I've owned a mini van.

I've owned an SUV (though one smaller than a Durango).

The SUV does have a little more space; however, if you're a family of five and can barely fit into a mini van, I think you need less stuff, not more space.

LOL try and explain that to the wife :o:rolleyes:

We are actually a family of 4 but bringing my sister along. 7 day cruise plus another night in Florida and 2 little kids = lots of stuff :(

most likely 4 suitcases plus a duffle or 2 and some carry ones, camera bag, portable DVD player, netbook etc :eek:

I agree with letmetellya, go with the mini-van. As the owner of an SUV, there is more storage space, but mini-vans offers the most interior space. Make use of the luggage racks on top of the vehicle and the cargo area for your luggage. You/your family will be much more comfortable doing this than trying to cram everyone is a 5 seater.

When i had my van, and our 3 daughters traveling, we always took out the middle seat, moved the 3pax rear seat forward and used the whole back for storage, it worked. 2 little kids wont' need that much stuff, pack a very small back pack each with a couple toys or books if you must for travel, and let them carry them, makes them happy to be helping and they have their stuff. We did that from the time they could handle it, and they still pack their back packs today to keep them occupied if they aren't the ones driving, hey are now 21, 19 and 18.

Archived