solstice specialty dining advice please

kayfabe

my wife and I are booked on the nov nine solstice sailing I need some feedback on Murano and the Tuskin grill Planning on spending her birthday at one and perhaps the other the first night out as the MDR tends to be a bit disorganized then. Obviously the info on the celeb site all looks fantastic so I could use some thoughts from those of you who have actually experienced them both neither of us are wine drinkers so its more about which one is just a "better" experience thanks bill

my wife and I are booked on the nov nine solstice sailing I need some feedback on Murano and the Tuskin grill Planning on spending her birthday at one and perhaps the other the first night out as the MDR tends to be a bit disorganized then. Obviously the info on the celeb site all looks fantastic so I could use some thoughts from those of you who have actually experienced them both neither of us are wine drinkers so its more about which one is just a "better" experience thanks bill

Hi Bill,

We just returned from the 11 night Solstice Cruise.

We ate four times at both Murano and Tuscan Grille, and three times at Silk Harvest.

They are all terrific venues. Murano leaning towards French preparations and very polished. Tuscan a bit more casual and with Italian influence. Of course Silk Harvest is the Asian restaurant.

We had dinner in Murano for my DH's birthday and it was fabulous.

So for a special occasion, I think I would choose Murano.

Though I doubt you could go wrong with either one, just depends on your tastes.

Mari

Murano's is way better. i also liked Silk harvest. TG is over rated compared to Murano's but that is my feelings not everyone's. o prefer these places for formal night also.

I totally agree. For a special celebration, Id chose Murano. However, I want to point out that my favorite food on X used to be the goat cheese souffle from Murano---it is not the crab appetizer from Tuscan Grill.

Muranos is the fancy special occasion place. The Tuscan Grill is far more casual in decoration. I actually enjoyed my meal there better because the dinner was very good and the view was fantastic sitting by the window looking back toward Fort Lauderdale. I happened to be seated next to a loud table in Murano and my lamb was actually a little cold. The people at the table were not innappropriate, they just had loud voices. On another cruise one could have just the opposite experience.

We sailed on the Solstice on 1/09 and on Equinox 8/31/09. Murano is 5 star restaurant. We dined there 4 times and can't say enought about the service and the quality of the food. Definately worth the upcharge of $60.00/couple. Tuscan was good but did not compare to Murano.

Enjoy!

Archived