Mariner Embarkation question please

Garyorient

This is going to sound really dumb but it is the first time I have a ctually re-packaged cruise myself rather than booking complete package with RCCL.

On Mariner 11 October. I am flying from London to LAX on Saturday and obviously will have all my luggage with me. (Will be 1 small hand and 1 large case each for me and DW)

We are staying at Crowne Plaza so will simply get the first shuttle in the morning to the MOS.

When we get off the shuttle:-

1) Can we take our larger luggage with us rather than leave it with a porter and wait for it?

2) Can we then take it immediately up to our cabin (a Junior Suite) and leave it either outside the cabin or inside? Or will we have to drag it around with us until the cabin becomes avialable after our Honeystung chicken lunch?

I do apologise for the stupidity of the question...as I am usually the most intolorent of daft questions, but hey! ho! as long as I get a couple of sensible answers, then I will be happy.

Thank you

This is going to sound really dumb but it is the first time I have a ctually re-packaged cruise myself rather than booking complete package with RCCL.

On Mariner 11 October. I am flying from London to LAX on Saturday and obviously will have all my luggage with me. (Will be 1 small hand and 1 large case each for me and DW)

We are staying at Crowne Plaza so will simply get the first shuttle in the morning to the MOS.

1) Can we take our larger luggage with us rather than leave it with a porter and wait for it?

2) Can we then take it immediately up to our cabin (a Junior Suite) and leave it either outside the cabin or inside? Or will we have to drag it around with us until the cabin becomes avialable after our Honeystung chicken lunch?

I do apologise for the stupidity of the question...as I am usually the most intolorent of daft questions, but hey! ho! as long as I get a couple of sensible answers, then I will be happy.

Thank you

I just came off the Mariner on Sunday and also stayed at the Crowne Plaza. I myself would let them take the bags and get on the ship and enjoy some lunch then go check out your room.We were in the room around 12:30. You could bring the bags if you want but you will have to drag them around for awhile. Unless you wait until after 1pm to go to the ship. enjoy your cruise Larry

1) Can we take our larger luggage with us rather than leave it with a porter and wait for it? You can, but see below.

2) Can we then take it immediately up to our cabin (a Junior Suite) and leave it either outside the cabin or inside? Or will we have to drag it around with us until the cabin becomes avialable after our Honeystung chicken lunch? All halls to the rooms will be blocked by a locked door. You will ahve no access to your room until they open the doors. This usually happens by 1pm, but i have seen on here it was as late as 230p.

Thank you Your welcome!

Enjoy your cruise!

You cannot take your large luggage on board if it does not fit through the airport-style security scanner.

This is true... if it won't fit then you need to check it.

... and most of the time the hallways leading to the cabins are totally shut off until they open the cabins up.

Just pack anything you MUST have in a small carry-on, and let the porters bring the rest. You will get the bags eventually.

I agree. I just got off the MOS this past Sunday, too and I did not receive my luggage until 6pm. We were on the 9th deck and was told many did not receive their luggage on our deck until very late. Short excuse given was a miscommunication about where the luggage should have been sorted. Outside or inside the ship. Didn't understand the excuse as they do this every Sunday.

I would suggest putting a change of clothing in your small carry on and using a porter for your large luggage. I hate dragging luggage around. Especially around food areas.

Other than that, the cruise was wonderful. We were treated very well in the MDR. Thanks Shrijit!! And, the stateroom was kept very clean. Kudos to Benjamin and Ricson for taking care of us

Enjoy your cruise!!!:)

On our Radiance Cruise to Hawaii last Oct, upon boarding we were asked to drop off our Carry ones, off to the left of the elevators, and when the rooms opened up they took our Carry ons and put them in our rooms. We enjoyed lunch and didn't worry about dragging them around. Can't speak for other ships. We were on board by 12 and luggage delivered to our room by 2

DH & I have gotten to the point that we check everything but my purse and his laptop. I dont want to be weighted down with any carryons, and have never had a problem with luggage being delivered much later than 4 or 5. When we check the room and there is no luggage we just head to another bar for a drink then check back again, repeat as necessary.

Mation101 you made me laugh out loud. What you and your DH do sounds exactly like me and my DH. This time I pre-ordered bottles of wine to be waiting for us in the cabin so if we tire from going from bar to bar we can sit out on our balcony and enjoy our drinks while waiting for luggage.

Archived