Too Much Time So Here's a Tag

Randyk47

Rained over 6 inches yesterday so I had too much time on my hands. :o In other threads we'd been talking about the new on-line luggage tags so I made up one in Microsoft PowerPoint so it included "Mariner". I've attached a sample. Unfortunately I can't or don't know how to make a PowerPoint file available here but can send it to anybody who wants the basic file. A little knowledge of PowerPoint and you can easily change the name of the ship and the color. The rest is simply highlighting the text and putting in your own information.

2135148484_SampleTag2.jpg.4bebb0b767b0ae8948fc6bf072fa97db.jpg

Rained over 6 inches yesterday so I had too much time on my hands. :o In other threads we'd been talking about the new on-line luggage tags so I made up one in Microsoft PowerPoint so it included "Mariner". I've attached a sample. Unfortunately I can't or don't know how to make a PowerPoint file available here but can send it to anybody who wants the basic file. A little knowledge of PowerPoint and you can easily change the name of the ship and the color. The rest is simply highlighting the text and putting in your own information.

Randy, I'd like one please!! And if you send it to me at irl_joanie@yahoo.com NOTE that there is an _ between irl and joanie in my @yahoo.com email address. I can change it in my Graphics Program and possibly modify it for the other ships colored tags as well!! IF I can modify it correctly, I could add them to the HAL Pages as a hidden page so only CC members would know where to get it...

I'd also give you the credit for creating them!!

Joanie

Wow, this looks fabulous! You did a great job. Can you send me the file? Thanks!

It was kind of a fun rainy day thing to do. I'm not particularly fond of the Prinsendam color I used but that's the one, or very close to the one, on our on-line luggage tags for next year. I've sent out the PowerPoint file to those who have asked so far. You can email me at randyk_47 at yahoo dot com if you'd prefer not to put your email address here. Just put Cruise Critic in the subject line so that my security program doesn't put your email in the spam file. :)

It was kind of a fun rainy day thing to do. I'm not particularly fond of the Prinsendam color I used but that's the one, or very close to the one, on our on-line luggage tags for next year. I've sent out the PowerPoint file to those who have asked so far. You can email me at randyk_47 at yahoo dot com if you'd prefer not to put your email address here. Just put Cruise Critic in the subject line so that my security program doesn't put your email in the spam file. :)

Thanks, Randy. It was very easy to adapt except to get the color just right for Oosterdam, but I'm close enough for government work! :D Thanks for making a bunch of HAL Mariners very happy!

Thanks, Randy. It was very easy to adapt except to get the color just right for Oosterdam, but I'm close enough for government work! :D Thanks for making a bunch of HAL Mariners very happy!

The colors are a bit of a problem...like I can't quite get the Prinsendam color quite as gold as HAL's but it works. I figure they're not going to send me home for the color being just a bit off. Printers differ slightly so I'd imagine even off the HAL site you're going to get some variance. :)

This was just a fun thing to work on and do. Absolutely no reason why the black and white tags won't work. Once you're on the ship with your bags won't make any difference if they were printed, painted, or written with a crayon. :)

A note to those of you who have requested the tag file. When you go to print make sure you check the "scale to fit paper" on the printer box. I didn't attempt to scale the PowerPoint slide to the exact dimension of the tag so it will be larger if you don't tell the print program to scale the page. At least that's how it works on my system but your settings may be different or may handle it automatically. When I check the "scale to fit paper" box on my printer setup the tags print out at exactly the right size. Of course, you could also go into PowerPoint and reduce the size until you get it exact. Your choice. Another hint is that once you have the tag colors and information entered for your cruise you can copy and paste a copy of the tag onto the same page so that you get two tags per sheet of paper or card stock. Probably not a big issue if you're just printing on regular paper but certainly saves on the card stock. :)

was looking for pre-cruise tags

You can log into Holland America's website and go to your booking information. Near the bottom of the page where you've done your on-line check-in you'll see a box you can check and download your luggage tags. Mine are already available and we don't cruise for a year! :)

Archived