Ft. Lauderdale via Miami A1A

RAYMORRA

We are staying in Miami and driving the day of embarkation to Ft. Lauderdale. We thought we'd leave early and drive the scenic route up to the port. Any recommendations for a good place for breakfast? Looking for something along the waterfront maybe? Something old fashioned diner style? Any ideas?

We are staying in Miami and driving the day of embarkation to Ft. Lauderdale. We thought we'd leave early and drive the scenic route up to the port. Any recommendations for a good place for breakfast? Looking for something along the waterfront maybe? Something old fashioned diner style? Any ideas?

Since The Rascal House closed, my second favorite 'diner' in South Florida is The Floridian on Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale for breakfast.

If you are heading north during lunch, Le Tub right on A1A is one of the best burgers in the universe.

Otherwise, I really like the food at News Cafe in South Beach and you cannot beat the people watching.

A1A is one of my favorite drives anywhere.

I still miss the Rascal House! :mad:

There really isn't too much on A1A except for the usual chains. :(

If you want to venture a couple miles off of A1A into Aventura, Mo's is good. It's where much of the crowd from the Rascal House went...

http://southflorida.metromix.com/restaurants/bagels/mos-bagel-and-deli-aventura/129125/content

I had a fantastic burger, a small salad and a beer at Le Tub for lunch last Sunday. Watched at least a dozen high-end yachts float right by the tables.

It's crazy how narrow that part of the intracoastal is and how close the diners are to the big boats!

I have had those "too much food" breakfasts at Moe's before. Just don't let your eyes glaze over to the bakery case:D.

Is the Gourmet Diner on Biscayne closed? It was dark last Friday when I passed.

I believe Le Tub doesn't open until noonish so not an option for early morning eating.

I have had those "too much food" breakfasts at Moe's before. Just don't let your eyes glaze over to the bakery case:D.

I believe Le Tub doesn't open until noonish so not an option for early morning eating.

Gourmet Diner is still open, I don't believe they're open for breakfast though.

And yes, Le Tub opens at noon, no breakfast there either.

I'd hit Mo's, I love that place any time of day!

I like the roast duck and the lamb shank at the Gourmet Diner.

Archived