What would you wear this with?

Iluvmypuggle

Depending on how long the top actually is on you i think a pair of leggings would work. Im quite short so quiet a few "tops" actually work as short dresses and look great with leggings or even footless tights. However this look isnt for everyone.

I think a dark blue pair of skinny jeans with maybe some silver heels would look great too

Black or pewter --- either slim pants or a straight skirt --- or even cropped pants. I'd probably stay away from anything with too much volume because with the A shape of the top, I think anything with volume on the bottom would just make one look heavier.

Cute top though! Great for the holidays.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and ideas!

I carry my weight in my thighs so the legging thing won't work for me, but I can totally see that outfit on the right body shape.

I loved the idea of the white pants & patent accessories. And I do think I might wear the top to my company's holiday party in December.

It's interesting how you can take one item and see what outfits others can make with it. Thanks again for your input. :D

Take the top shopping with you and don't remove the tags until you have found something you love.

I had the same debacle with a skirt a couple months ago. What I thought would go with just about any dressy top...did not. I even considered keeping one top I purchased, but not to go with the skirt. So I took everything back.

I have found that if I don't find something I absolutely love I don't buy it because it will rot in the back of the closet.

If I had that top I'd wear it with nice jeans, black or ivory slim cut pants or a slim skirt, nothing billowy, I think it would make your hips look even wider.

If you are concerned about thighs while wearing leggings i often add a short skirt on top. (i usually ad a denim skirt that is quite short , i used to wear it in my younger days but now feel its to short to wear on its own now but works great over leggings. Also you dont need to wear full legth ones go for 7/8 3/4 or the ones that just cover the knee cap can look real good

Thanks for the responses. I definitly plan to wear the top with jeans & pewter heels for a fun night out.

And I may just wear it for my company holiday party with slacks and patent accessories.

The model is wearing it pretty loose. I actually exchanged it for a smaller size to get a more snug fit and it looks much better on me now. I must have been so distracted with the bling that I didn't notice it was a little too large when I first tried it on. :)

I think it's a fab looking top, and agree with you that getting it in a smaller size that fits closer to the body is better.

Like you, I carry my weight in my thighs and this top, too big and floaty would only make us look heavier.

I agree that over black dressy pants or jeans is the way to go. With high heels of course!

Enjoy it!

Archived