August 2010 Book Early?

Hi Everyone,

We're looking into an August 2010 Caribbean cruise w/Royal Caribbean. We've never sailed in the summer and I'm wondering how fast the ships fill up due to kids being out of school.

Wondering if we'll get a better deal the longer we wait or if we'll just end up being disappointed by sold out cruises. We're not picky about cabin locations (other than we'll be in an inside cabin that sleeps 4)

I know there aren't any guarantees, just wondering what your experience might have been. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Hi Everyone,

We're looking into an August 2010 Caribbean cruise w/Royal Caribbean. We've never sailed in the summer and I'm wondering how fast the ships fill up due to kids being out of school.

Wondering if we'll get a better deal the longer we wait or if we'll just end up being disappointed by sold out cruises. We're not picky about cabin locations (other than we'll be in an inside cabin that sleeps 4)

I know there aren't any guarantees, just wondering what your experience might have been. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Well, here's one viewpoint: Book it now.

Book it now and use a responsive travel agent (not a Cruise Broker). Don't have one? Ask a trusted friend for a recommendation.

As far as price goes Royal Caribbean is really good about lowering prices if they go down. Unless you're talking the very last part of August, odds are not great that the price will go down during the popular Summer season.

So booking early will insure two things; that you get the best price and that you get the best cabin location too.

There are a limited number of cabins available that will accomodate four and they are really popular for Summer (family-time) sailings.

I'd say book it now then visit the Royal Caribbean website daily to check pricing. If the price goes down, contact your Travel Agent to have the price reduced on your cruise, as many times as it happens.

Be aware though, Happy Hour tuesday sale pricing would not apply. You won't have to worry about those until shortly before sailing. Waiting until then (last-minute booking) just in case your sailing goes on the list is a bad strategy when booking a cabin for four...there might not be one available.

I agree with booking now. If the price goes down later they'll honor it. See no reason to use a travel agent though unless you want the on board credit they might offer.

We booked last spring for this coming February on our own with RCCL. Just called them a few days ago and they happily reduced our balance due by 550.00 due to a price drop!!:)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much!

I agree with booking now due to quad availability. Since you have sailed RC you are probably a C&A member (if you signed up). In the new batch of Savings Certificates there is a coupon for 8/22 Freedom 7 night Western Caribbean. It's a savings of $75 for an inside cabin.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much!

Technically, it's TOO LATE to book "early" :eek: Booking early would mean that you had already booked your August 2010 cruise back in 2008! ;) I've already got my 2011 cruise booked! :o Now THAT is booking early! So, in other words.....BOOK IT NOW!!!! :D

I booked April 2011 last May (2009)! :eek: :D

For our recent Radiance cruise, which I booked a yr. in advance, there were several price drops. (I learned about them from CC boards).

I had my TA call in and we ended up with a $368.00 discount. RCCL was very prompt in the credit to my card.

Pat

Not sure how old your children are, but by booking a quad now...you may see enough of a price drop later to book 2 connecting inside cabins...4 people in an inside cabin for 7 nights can be a little to cozy..especially with only 1 bath room..

Archived