Anyone been to St Lucia lately?

Suesancy

Hi - have just been on the Ports of Call boards trying to find out about day passes to Sandals in St. Lucia. A couple of years ago people were saying there was a booth on the docks/in the port building(?) which was selling day passes at 50/60$ per person - instead of the price they quote - which is apparently 110$ per person!!! Huge difference....just wondered if anyone had been there recently and noticed whether they still do this booth - and if so what the prices are these days?

Would really appreciate any information - thanks a lot

Hi - thanks for the offer but we will be there on 6th January - so too late. I guess we will just go with the flow and take a taxi to a beach if there's no booth. Certainly not paying $110 each for it - but would probably have paid 50 or 60$. Thanks again - hope you enjoy your trip in February.

Regards Sue

Hi - have just been on the Ports of Call boards trying to find out about day passes to Sandals in St. Lucia. A couple of years ago people were saying there was a booth on the docks/in the port building(?) which was selling day passes at 50/60$ per person - instead of the price they quote - which is apparently 110$ per person!!! Huge difference....just wondered if anyone had been there recently and noticed whether they still do this booth - and if so what the prices are these days?

We were there in April. No booth/sales that I could see.

Why don't you give them a call....

http://www.sandals.com/main/lucia/lu-home.cfm

Many thanks everyone for your comments....am guessing from the most recent reports that this is no longer done. Will email them, as suggested, and see what I can find out. Thanks again for your assistance - much appreciated.

Sue

Hi, we were just in St Lucia on a 10 day cruise and it was everyone's favorite port. We were in a group of family and friends ranging from teenagers to 76 years old. There were 22 of us in all and we went on a tour called CORSOL TOURS it was $50 for ea. of us which we paid after the tour. We swam in a waterfall in the middle of a botanical garden, we took a boat to a private beach that looked like Fantasy Island with a bar and one side was a marine preserve where you could snorkel and the other side was a white sandy beach. We were fed local food that was amazing and we went to the Sulfur Springs and we were fed banana's right off the plants; the list goes on and on. It was the best tour we have ever been on in all our years of cruising. Please look them up, I found this tour through Cruise Critic and I'm so grateful that I did. It made our trip.

Hi, we were just in St Lucia on a 10 day cruise and it was everyone's favorite port. We were in a group of family and friends ranging from teenagers to 76 years old. There were 22 of us in all and we went on a tour called CORSOL TOURS it was $50 for ea. of us which we paid after the tour. We swam in a waterfall in the middle of a botanical garden, we took a boat to a private beach that looked like Fantasy Island with a bar and one side was a marine preserve where you could snorkel and the other side was a white sandy beach. We were fed local food that was amazing and we went to the Sulfur Springs and we were fed banana's right off the plants; the list goes on and on. It was the best tour we have ever been on in all our years of cruising. Please look them up, I found this tour through Cruise Critic and I'm so grateful that I did. It made our trip.

Did your trip involve land and sea? If land how long were you driving, I am a little nervous about the winding roads.

Did your trip involve land and sea? If land how long were you driving, I am a little nervous about the winding roads.

Hi there -- we took this tour a couple of years ago, and absolutely loved it. But the name is Cosol, not Corsol. The roads were kind of windy, and I wished I had worn my wrist-bands or taken some Dramamine. Also, related to the windy roads, Cosol was keeping a very close eye on the weather that day. Rain was expected, and a few weeks earlier, storms had washed out the one-and-only road from one side of the island to the other. People were stranded, but I don't know if anyone missed their cruise ship. Cosol wanted to make sure that didn't happen to us.

http://cosol-tours.com/

You'll have a BLAST on this tour... :)

Mary Ellen

i loved his tour. so much food and rum. I might use him again in 2011 just to eat. i sat up front and i was fine driving. Plus with all the stops I was never in the van that long.

i wish we had more time at the waterfall as i never got in it.. had to wait forever to use the bathroom.

he had to chance his beach as you can not longer drive into the resort if not staying there-must go by boat.

Archived