No more past guest pins!

jordanaire

Having just returned from our Fascination cruise this week, I wanted to let everyone know what I was told aboard ship about the Past Guest Pins.

The Chief Purser told me that Carnival no longer has the pins to offer, and has no plans at all to bring them back. This was one of the budget cuts that you will notice on your upcoming cruises. I asked if they had ANY pins leftover at all and was told no.

However, check with your cabin steward! I asked ours if he had any left and he told me that he would check. A few minutes later, he returned with one for the each of us (3 total). Said he had a few left in his locker. I sure was grateful to him, as I collect them. It's going to be harder (and expensive) to add any more to it now!

:cool:Bill

I'm pretty sure that John Heald has addressed this in his blog. As I recall, Yes, they have gone away as return guest gifts but will be for sale in all ship gift shops soon.

Any they should not cost more than about 3 or 4 dollars if not less.

No pins! That's it!

Im cancelling. I refuse to cruise if I don't get my pins. The nerve! :rolleyes:

I got mine on Fascination last December. And Victory in May. All mine are in a drawer somewhere. I should probably put them on eBay. Maybe I'd make enough money for another cruise. :p

That's too bad. I was really looking forward to them. This will be our 3rd cruise with Carnival. We didn't receive them on our 2nd cruise and at the time I didn't know about the pins. I understood about not have a past guest party as it was only a 3 day cruise vs. the 7 day we are going on at the end of the month. Oh well, hopefully the past guest party will be nice.

John announced on his Blog that Platinum members would still get them.

We just sailed on the Valor and we are Milestone...we went to the Purser's Desk and asked about the pins.

They looked at us like we had 3 eyes....

apparently....the info has not flowed down....

John announced on his Blog that Platinum members would still get them.

We just sailed on the Valor and we are Milestone...we went to the Purser's Desk and asked about the pins.

They looked at us like we had 3 eyes....

apparently....the info has not flowed down....

Had the same experience aboard the Spirit but I quoted John's blog and they miraculously came up with a couple.

You can have my Carnival Dream funnel pin for a low, low price of 100 Euro. Please, send me Euros! The exchange rate on the ship is horrid. :)

Darn. I can't come up with the 100 Euro, but I want a red pin for the Carnival Dream. I can buy a gold one in the gift shop in December (since I'm not platinum yet), but I'd rather have a red one to match the others on my lanyard. :( Bummed.

Now I feel bad, have been on only 3 Carnival cruises so far and have just tossed away the pins when I got home. I never realized the value they have.

Don't feel badly...you are in the majority .... which is why Carnival stopped giving them away.

There are a few of us you collect them and pin them on the ole' cruise backpack.

We were standing in line to get on the tenders....a heard the young lady behind us say "ask them...with all those ships they have been on ..I bet they have been here before". And they did....we were able to assist them in some things to do in Grand Cayman. We had a nice visit...since the tender wait was 45 minutes!!!

I almost used my Priority Tendering...

You can have my Carnival Dream funnel pin for a low, low price of 100 Euro. Please, send me Euros! The exchange rate on the ship is horrid. :)

The smallest Euro bill I had was a 500.00 note. Please put the change in the SASE with the pins, and mail Priority Mail at your earliest convenience ~~!!~~

Thank you,

Joe

Archived