RCL Pre Authorization

Purrfect

When you go on a cruise, rent a car or check in to a hotel, they pre authorize your credit card for a certain $ amount. For example, enterprise rent a car pre authorizes for $500 even if you rent a car for one day. Las Vegas hotels usually pre authorize $100 per day.

I think that the OP is wanting to know if the cruise line places a "hold" on their credit card account for her SeaPass card?

Yes they do. The amount, I don't know. Each cruise lines does their own thing. I have read that the cruise line will get approval for a certain amount and when/if you reach that amount, they will go for more. If there is a problem then I'm sure that you will be notified or your SeaPass will be turned off to charging.

I had this same question before my Mariner cruise a few weeks ago. I called RC and they explained that at check in, they run a preauth for gratuities only. For the rest of the cruise, they will run a preauth for the total amount owed on your Sea Pass at the end of each day. I was especially curious because I was using my debit card and was afraid of daily preauths or hundreds of dollars, but this is not the case.

I was just wondering what the pre authorization rate is on RCL? Doing my cruise at the end of my vacation and just want to ensure I have room on there for the pre auth.

They do not do the pre-auth until boarding. Last I knew, it was $300. They do this 2-3 times during the week.

Archived