Suite Lunches and breakfast in Cagneys What to eat?

Arwenmark

I know what you mean. Being a Cape Codder I have to laugh over what they try to pass of as Lobster on the cruiseships. Giant cray fish is what they are, and have not taste.

Lobster has Claws and comes from New England with the best of the best being Maine.

and yeah I hear you CAN get that in Cagney's.

No more whole Maine lobsters in Cagney's.:( They do serve tails and on the Dawn last week I had the Alaskan king crab legs which were delicious. Both are an extra $10 on top of the surcharge.;)

No more whole Maine lobsters in Cagney's.:( They do serve tails and on the Dawn last week I had the Alaskan king crab legs which were delicious. Both are an extra $10 on top of the surcharge.;)

No way I would ever spend $10 extra for a tail only. Assuming it IS in fact a Maine lobster tail.

I had the lobster tail in April and trust me - it was huge and delicious!! An estimate on size would be 10-12 ounces (about the same size as the tails that we grill fairly regularly). Living in South Florida we have easy access to great fish and the tail I had in Cagney's was as good as anything bought from my local fish guy:).

I had the lobster tail in April and trust me - it was huge and delicious!! An estimate on size would be 10-12 ounces (about the same size as the tails that we grill fairly regularly). Living in South Florida we have easy access to great fish and the tail I had in Cagney's was as good as anything bought from my local fish guy:).

Sorry any Lobster that came out of Florida cannot hold a candle to a realy MAINE lobster or any New England Cold water Lobster. I don't care how BIG it is .

Besides I am used to 3 lb whole boiled lobsters, anything less is a puny offering. LOL

Oddly, on POA in August, we could order "Maine" Lobster in LazyJ's (....NCL claims they have their own Lobster farm at Kona, but when we took the Seahorse Excursion, the Lobster Farm was right next door, and it seems that the lobster farm might sell to others, as well as NCL....but I digress...) The "Maine" Lobsters were monsters, and were great! It was an additional $10 to the $25.00 dinner surcharge for dinner, but they were superb.

We are cruising in a few weeks and this will be our first suite. We are really looking forward to it and I love reading this post. We will be in a romance suite and I can not wait to experience the Cagney's perk. Can you confirm that breakfast and lunch are included w/no surcharge, extra $, etc?

We are cruising in a few weeks and this will be our first suite. We are really looking forward to it and I love reading this post. We will be in a romance suite and I can not wait to experience the Cagney's perk. Can you confirm that breakfast and lunch are included w/no surcharge, extra $, etc?

You are correct, there is no surcharge for breakfast and lunch, only dinner. We think it's the best suite perk.

AHH!! Breakfast and lunch at Cagney's--what a treat! DH had steak and eggs every morning and 6 shrimp at lunch! Ask and you shall receive. He even requested the breakfast steak for lunch and it came with a smile. Teo and Leo were the best!

Helen and Ed

P.S. Hi Bobbi!

Sorry any Lobster that came out of Florida cannot hold a candle to a realy MAINE lobster or any New England Cold water Lobster. I don't care how BIG it is .

Besides I am used to 3 lb whole boiled lobsters, anything less is a puny offering. LOL

I must agree with you , nothing beats a "Main" lobster.

And for the un-informed..:D

Meet the Authentic Maine lobster, Homarus Americanus.

Print this page

diagram_1.jpgIf it's not Homarus, it's not true lobster. Rock lobster, spiny lobster, slipper lobster, Caribbean lobster—all of them are merely wannabes, riding on the fame of the authentic Maine lobster, Homarus americanus.

You can recognize members of the Homarus genus—true lobsters—by their five sets of legs, including a pair of large, meat-filled claws.

Marine scientists have identified many species of Homarus but only two of commercial importance: H. americanus, found most plentifully in the Gulf of Maine; and H. gammarus, the European lobster, found along the western European coast.

The warm-water crustaceans known as spiny or rock lobsters—found off the coast of Florida, southern California and the Caribbean—have no claws and thus no delectable claw meat. Their edible meat comes only from their tail.

AHH!! Breakfast and lunch at Cagney's--what a treat! DH had steak and eggs every morning and 6 shrimp at lunch! Ask and you shall receive. He even requested the breakfast steak for lunch and it came with a smile. Teo and Leo were the best!

Helen and Ed

P.S. Hi Bobbi!

Hi Helen,

Was just wondering who is the concierge on the Pearl now and are they half as nice and wonderful as St. Erika?;) (lol) Also do you know if they will be there in January as we are on the Pearl again for the eastern Caribbean this time.:D

I bet you had a great time!

Helen and Ed

P.S. Hi Bobbi!

Ha! Hey Helen, we really enjoyed Teo and Leo too and we made sure to fill out Style cards on them.

Funny Ed and his shrimp!

Today Pat and I went to Pikes St Market to pick up some Oysters and we saw some GIANT shrimp like at Cagney's and Pat and I both said "Ed"...Miss you guys!

Folks those Cagney's Shrimp Cocktail are NOT to be Missed!

The little buffet they have in Cagney's in the morning is pretty neat also.......:D

Pat and Bobbi

Hi Helen,

Was just wondering who is the concierge on the Pearl now and are they half as nice and wonderful as St. Erika?;) (lol) Also do you know if they will be there in January as we are on the Pearl again for the eastern Caribbean this time.:D

That would be Karan Arora. He is the regular Concierge aboard the Pearl. If you had Erica, Karan was on vacation getting married.

PE

Hi Helen,

Hello...We loved St. Erika, were not so excited about Karan. He seemed to be too busy with the GV and CV. He was there at Cagney's every day, asking what he could do for you. We really didn't "use" his services. I was quite perturbed with him on our Bridge Tour in the Panama Canal. We were not allowed to go on the port side of the bridge, although the people from the Garden Villa were there with the Captain and his wife,Tiuja (sp). All I wanted was a photo of our friends on our AC balcony, directly below the port side of the bridge. He wouldn't let me go over there--told me there was "nothing to see". ( Bobbi, wanted a picture of you guys!). I knew our balcony was visable from the bridge, as we looked up there all the time .

So, give us Erika, please, she was a real "Pearl"!

Helen

So we know that suite guest can eat breakfast and lunch in Cagney's so what are the menus like for those meals there?

Anyone have a menu or remember what there was available? I am wondering how the lunches compare to the dining room lunches for instance.

We had breakfast in the room everyday, so I can't comment there. But for lunch, the French Dip was great. And the shrimp cocktail was very good, too.

The lunches elsewhere on the ship are fair to good. The ones at Cagney's are great - big difference, IMHO.

• 2 months later...
I personally loved the french toast and the muesli. Being a Marylander, it's hard for me to eat crabcakes anywhere but here at home. The crab does not need to be *from* Maryland but it does need to be from a domestic blue crab. Much of the meat that is being processed for crabcakes is coming from Vietnam, Thailand and other places afar. Crabmeat is pearly white (almost shiny) where the crabmeat here from the states has more of an off white look to it. The foreign crab has no taste to me, however my hubby had the crabcakes benedict and said they were good, so that was a compliment for the crabcakes.

being from Maryland I agree about the crab comment, I can not wait to eat in Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. 8 more days until we cruise on the Jewel.

being from Maryland I agree about the crab comment, I can not wait to eat in Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. 8 more days until we cruise on the Jewel.

I personally loved the french toast and the muesli. Being a Marylander, it's hard for me to eat crabcakes anywhere but here at home. The crab does not need to be *from* Maryland but it does need to be from a domestic blue crab. Much of the meat that is being processed for crabcakes is coming from Vietnam, Thailand and other places afar. Crabmeat is pearly white (almost shiny) where the crabmeat here from the states has more of an off white look to it. The foreign crab has no taste to me, however my hubby had the crabcakes benedict and said they were good, so that was a compliment for the crabcakes.

While I agree about Maine/east coast lobster being the lobster to eat and I agree 100% about the imported (and canned!) crab meat from Vietnam and Thailand (yuck), I must disagree about blue crab being the crab for crab cakes. Don't get me wrong: We've eaten plenty and loved it.

But IMO no crab on earth can compete with a freshly caught and cooked west coast Dungeness. Period. The ultra sweet, succulent, full flavored, and pure white meat from a Dungeness back and body cannot be beat for crab cakes or any other preparation. The legs and claws are also sweet, tender, and perfect in crab cakes and cocktails. Yum...It's Dungeness season here on CA's central coast, so it's crab fiesta time for my DH and me! We start by having the "Christmas Crab Fest" and treat ourselves every couple of weeks throughout the season.

We thoroughly enjoy Cagney's crab cakes, at dinner and especially in crab cakes benedict. Delicious. We also are partial to the French toast and the fruits de mar en brioche (or whatever the correct name is). I probably should mention that we love most seafood and shellfish, and live close enough to fishing communities to buy things fresh and literally "off the boats" (or at the market right next to the boat docks--even easier since they do the cleaning and filleting). We think nothing of tossing leftover sauteed fish in with some shredded potatoes, creamed spinach, and eggs for breakfast, so crab cakes seemed a completely natural breakfast item to us.

beachchick

Archived