Suite Lunches and breakfast in Cagneys What to eat?

Arwenmark

So we know that suite guest can eat breakfast and lunch in Cagney's so what are the menus like for those meals there?

Anyone have a menu or remember what there was available? I am wondering how the lunches compare to the dining room lunches for instance.

So we know that suite guest can eat breakfast and lunch in Cagney's so what are the menus like for those meals there?

Anyone have a menu or remember what there was available? I am wondering how the lunches compare to the dining room lunches for instance.

Never had lunch there but breakfast I ate crabcakes benedict every morning yummy

The suite lunch menu no longer changes from day to day. We actually ate lunch in the Majesty's MDR three times last week because we wanted some variety and the MDR menu had selections we preferred over Le Bistro's (there is no Cagney's on the Majesty, so the suite breakfast and lunches are in Le Bistro).

At breakfast you can essentially get anything you can in the MDR, through a mixture of wait-staff served food and a buffet of cold selections. The menu also includes some extras like Crab Cakes Benedict (I didn't try it because I don't find the idea of eating crab cakes at breakfast very appetizing), and steak and eggs. The french toast was very good.

I know about eating breakfast in the dining room that is where I usually eat it. and I have heard plenty of times about the crab cakes, I agree don't want crab cakes at breakfast or any other time.

I appreciate the answers but , I want to know specifically about Cagney's thanks.

For breakfast I loved the Crab Cakes Benedict (had that dish every morning except one), and liked the small sample I had of my wife's Buttermilk Hot Cakes with Walnut Butter, Carmelized Bananas, and Syrup. She loved the French Toast the most. I also had the Steak and Eggs one morning, but it wasn't as nice a filet as last spring, so I didn't order it again.

For lunch, my favorite was the French Dip sandwich with Cagney's fries, with Banana Cream Pie for dessert; it comes drizzled with chocolate sauce and a few coconut sprinkles. They didn't have that for lunch dessert in March, so I was glad to sample that four different times!

I know about eating breakfast in the dining room that is where I usually eat it. and I have heard plenty of times about the crab cakes, I agree don't want crab cakes at breakfast or any other time.

I appreciate the answers but , I want to know specifically about Cagney's thanks.

The breakfast and lunch menus in Le Bistro on the Majesty are the same ones used in Cagney's on other ships so what I described (admittedly not much detail) would hold true in Cagney's.

Hi, I heard that the lunch menu is now the same every day. I enjoyed the variety. Each morning at breakfast I would ask the hostess if I could look at that day's lunch menu. I do believe the lunch has a steak every day.

When I sailed, and I believe now, there is a set breakfast menu. It is wonderful. And I LOVE breakfast. The omelets were to die for, I had several during my 14 day cruise. There's also the crabcakes benedict, eggs benedict, steak and eggs, bacon, sausage, etc, pancakes, French toast, etc. AND a wonderful buffet set up with cereal, fruits, nuts, juice, etc. And wonderful attentive service. The absolute best perk. I am sure someone will post the new menus for you... You will love it.

For breakfast I loved the Crab Cakes Benedict (had that dish every morning except one),

My wife & I both loved the Fruit de Mer as much as the crab cakes eggs benedict. Since there are two patties of each in a serving, it's easy for us to 'share'

In August on the POA, we ate in the LazyJ (POA's Cagneys) every morning for breakfast. Both the service and food were excellent. The menu did not vary at all, but you should feel free to order off the menu. If possible, they will accommodate your requests, if not, they will politely say no.

We were busy every day in HI, so were only able to eat lunch in the LazyJ twice. Same great service, same great food, same lunch menu.

We ate dinner there 4 of the 7 nights of our cruise (and paid the service charge).

Every meal, except the Prime Rib (it was drowned in garlic...so much so, that you could not taste the rib!), was superb! The waiter graciously appologized and immediately brought another dinner!

We did attempt one dinner at the Cadillac Diner.....ummm...less then anticipated. We left our meal, returned to our suite, and ordered room service.

the set lunch menu includes at least

about 5-6 appetizers(including large shrimp cocktail and crab cakes)

1. scallops with mushroom risotto(excellent)

2. fetticini with something

3. steak

4. turkey burgers with sauce and pineapple( I order this without buns)

5. sliders- small burgers

I think there are sandwiches too.

a soup of the day

cagney fries

choice of sides(good mashed potatoes)

deserts

I personally loved the french toast and the muesli. Being a Marylander, it's hard for me to eat crabcakes anywhere but here at home. The crab does not need to be *from* Maryland but it does need to be from a domestic blue crab. Much of the meat that is being processed for crabcakes is coming from Vietnam, Thailand and other places afar. Crabmeat is pearly white (almost shiny) where the crabmeat here from the states has more of an off white look to it. The foreign crab has no taste to me, however my hubby had the crabcakes benedict and said they were good, so that was a compliment for the crabcakes.

The menus are better/different and change so untill you get on the ship you won't know what you have.

Trick is they are a guide you can have what you want(within reason).

If it is on the menu you can mix and match and have what you want.

Outside the menu causes someone to work a bit harder.

Standing bfast is steak with XXXX

Lunch is double shrimp/scallops with XXXX.

If the menus change it takes one day to establish a new routine.

Apparently the menus are different in America and Europe, but these menus are probably a good guide.

One thing that made me chuckle was the kosher chicken - served with cheese polenta! If you keep kosher, you can't mix meat and milk products! Must say that I'm rather looking forward to steak and eggs for breakfast - and I hope that Cagneys have a special menu for Christmas Day lunch, it's a sea day, after all!

My husband isn't one for Chinese food, but I really want to try the ginger brulée, I wonder if I ask nicely whether they'll be able to nab one from the Chinese restaurant? I've heard it's very nice indeed.

As insidecabin wrote, you are free to mix and match from the various entrees on the menu. For example, I don't eat eggs, so I ordered steak and waffles on the Dawn last May. At lunchtime, I didn't see ceasar salad on the menu, but sitting in Cagney's where they have the most awesome ceasar salad for dinner, I figured that I would ask if they could get me one. Before I could stop them, our waiter dispatched someone to run back to the Garden Cafe to procure a ceasar salad for me, because they didn't have the stuff to make one in the Cagney's kitchen at lunchtime. I wouldn't ask ask for a ceasar salad again without feeling guilty, but the wait staff is more than flexible to your requests.

It bears mentioning at (at least on the Dawn) the crew assigned to Cagney's rotates every sailing. Getting to work breakfast/lunch in Cagney's is apparently an honor among the wait staff, and I'm guessing that only the best of the best are assigned there.....

You'll love the steak and eggs.

As others have mentioned, the crab cakes are great too! :D

This was my breakfast combo :D

Filet of beef + 1 crab cake beni + 1 egg over easy.

I know I know , yes they did have to roll me off the ship.

For breakfast I loved the Crab Cakes Benedict (had that dish every morning except one), and liked the small sample I had of my wife's Buttermilk Hot Cakes with Walnut Butter, Carmelized Bananas, and Syrup. She loved the French Toast the most. I also had the Steak and Eggs one morning, but it wasn't as nice a filet as last spring, so I didn't order it again.

For lunch, my favorite was the French Dip sandwich with Cagney's fries, with Banana Cream Pie for dessert; it comes drizzled with chocolate sauce and a few coconut sprinkles. They didn't have that for lunch dessert in March, so I was glad to sample that four different times!

On the Star now and the one of the greatest perks is breakfast & lunch in cagneys. Not sure when you are going but I will post the menus when I get home. The french toast with berries & marscapone is my favorite, close second is the crab cakes benedict! They also have a beautiful buffet with Swiss Muesli (my favorite). I would NEVER give up eating in cagneys for the MDR. Lunch the ahi tuni burger is great, the french dip, the shrimp cocktail, we had banana soup one day, water cress another. Amazing food!!!!

On the Star now and the one of the greatest perks is breakfast & lunch in cagneys. Not sure when you are going but I will post the menus when I get home. The french toast with berries & marscapone is my favorite, close second is the crab cakes benedict! They also have a beautiful buffet with Swiss Muesli (my favorite). I would NEVER give up eating in cagneys for the MDR. Lunch the ahi tuni burger is great, the french dip, the shrimp cocktail, we had banana soup one day, water cress another. Amazing food!!!!

Ahhh...I forgot about the shrimp coctail! I had it at every opportunity.

Oddly, at dinner there are four large shrimp, but at lunch only three.

I teased the waiter about that, and in the blink of an eye, he delivered one with four shrimp!

Also, the breakfast buffet had several pitchers of various juices, but no tomato juice. The first morning, I asked the waiter if I could get a glass of tomato juice. He said "certainly" and scurried off....gone for sometime, but returned with a glass of tomato juice.

After that, every morning, even though there were no pitchers of it, he had a glass of tomato juice for me.

I also asked the butler the same thing when he asked how to stock our refrigerator. Every day there was a fresh small pitcher of tomato juice in our refrigerator, along with 4 cartons of milk. (The milk goes so well with the "sweet treats" delivered each evening!)

The "Suite Life" will spoil you.

I personally loved the french toast and the muesli. Being a Marylander, it's hard for me to eat crabcakes anywhere but here at home. The crab does not need to be *from* Maryland but it does need to be from a domestic blue crab. Much of the meat that is being processed for crabcakes is coming from Vietnam, Thailand and other places afar. Crabmeat is pearly white (almost shiny) where the crabmeat here from the states has more of an off white look to it. The foreign crab has no taste to me, however my hubby had the crabcakes benedict and said they were good, so that was a compliment for the crabcakes.

I know what you mean. Being a Cape Codder I have to laugh over what they try to pass of as Lobster on the cruiseships. Giant cray fish is what they are, and have not taste.

Lobster has Claws and comes from New England with the best of the best being Maine.

and yeah I hear you CAN get that in Cagney's.

Archived