Suite Lunches and breakfast in Cagneys What to eat?

Arwenmark

The menu that was posted by someone above is exactly the same menu that we had last week. The menu does not change from day to day--as someone else mentioned it is a set menu. Taht said, we absolutely did not tire of it. You cannot get through all the wonderful food on this admittedly small menu.

For lunch the appetizers are very good. The shrimp are the really big ones--they serve four and you can ask for mroe. The sauce, presentation, and taste is marvelous. We ate a lot of shrimp. The crab cakes appetizer is fabulous also. Several of us had this for our lunch each day. The asparagus appetizer is on a bed of greens with proscuitto and is delicious. I had this one day for lunch. The fanoush was marvelous. The smoked salmon in any form is always fantastic on NCL so that is always a good choice. The turkey burger and sliders were both good. We did not have the brouschetta for some reason. The steaks varied a little--the lunch steak is not steak house quality but it is way better than my house serves for lunch. LOL The grouper was also very good, the portion was a little large for me. As other mentioned the risotto was very tasty. The fettucine was better than what we paid for in Mama's for an evening meal--it was very good. Now for the sides--the garlic mashed were great but make two orders if you are a hearty eater (and you will want ot be for these), the creamed spinach was the best, and the french fries were--I ahve to say--merely french fries. I think the truffle oil and parmesan cheese that is touted to be on them is a myth. Nevertheless they were good fries. The salads were always tasty and had wonderful homemade dressing. As for the desert, the apple desert was marvelous, the sorbet was most tasty, the cneesecake was good. As you can see I do think that with 7 of us managed to get through most of the menu. However, if you go on shore excurtions etc. you dont' really end up eating here for seven lunches. I think we had maybe 4 lunches there and the variety and quality, and certainly the ambiance made it a wonderful choice.

As far as breakfast, you can get whatever you want really. as many have mentioned the true specilaty is the crab cakes benedict. Ther regular benedict is great too, as well as the eggs with the salmon. Also there is a msall buffet set up where you can select from anumber of smoked fishes, spreads, breads etc. It is jsut lovely.

yoyocruiser

Be sure to try the tuna steak burger at lunch. it is yummy. Dont forget the shrimp cocktail appetizer. On the Gem they give you 3 shrimps but I assume you can have seconds if you like. The crab cake appetizer was delicious too.

actually everything was out of this world.

The menu that was posted by someone above is exactly the same menu that we had last week. The menu does not change from day to day--as someone else mentioned it is a set menu. Taht said, we absolutely did not tire of it. You cannot get through all the wonderful food on this admittedly small menu.

For lunch the appetizers are very good. The shrimp are the really big ones--they serve four and you can ask for mroe. The sauce, presentation, and taste is marvelous. We ate a lot of shrimp. The crab cakes appetizer is fabulous also. Several of us had this for our lunch each day. The asparagus appetizer is on a bed of greens with proscuitto and is delicious. I had this one day for lunch. The fanoush was marvelous. The smoked salmon in any form is always fantastic on NCL so that is always a good choice. The turkey burger and sliders were both good. We did not have the brouschetta for some reason. The steaks varied a little--the lunch steak is not steak house quality but it is way better than my house serves for lunch. LOL The grouper was also very good, the portion was a little large for me. As other mentioned the risotto was very tasty. The fettucine was better than what we paid for in Mama's for an evening meal--it was very good. Now for the sides--the garlic mashed were great but make two orders if you are a hearty eater (and you will want ot be for these), the creamed spinach was the best, and the french fries were--I ahve to say--merely french fries. I think the truffle oil and parmesan cheese that is touted to be on them is a myth. Nevertheless they were good fries. The salads were always tasty and had wonderful homemade dressing. As for the desert, the apple desert was marvelous, the sorbet was most tasty, the cneesecake was good. As you can see I do think that with 7 of us managed to get through most of the menu. However, if you go on shore excurtions etc. you dont' really end up eating here for seven lunches. I think we had maybe 4 lunches there and the variety and quality, and certainly the ambiance made it a wonderful choice.

As far as breakfast, you can get whatever you want really. as many have mentioned the true specilaty is the crab cakes benedict. Ther regular benedict is great too, as well as the eggs with the salmon. Also there is a msall buffet set up where you can select from anumber of smoked fishes, spreads, breads etc. It is jsut lovely.

yoyocruiser

I agree completely with you assessment especially you comments about the Cagney Fries......just fries!

I must add, however, that the Roasted Kosher Chicken in Rosemary glaze served with Cheddar Cheese Polenta was simply the most delicious bird I have ever had. I had it at least 4 times on our Panama Canal cruise in November. YUM!!! ;)

I agree completely with you assessment especially you comments about the Cagney Fries......just fries!

Yeah, the lunch "Cagney's Fries" are NOT the same as the supper "Cagney's Fries", at least they weren't on Jewel in December. They were still fine fries at lunch, but the supper version were some of the best french fries I've ever eaten.

My favorite items for Cagney's breakfast and lunch: the steak and eggs for breakfast and the smoked salmon/brioche appetizer at lunch. I'm allergic to shellfish, so I can't comment about the famous crabcakes benedict.

One pro-tip: the scrambled eggs, even in Cagney's, are pretty bad ship wide. So if you're like me and like scrambled eggs, when ordering your steak and eggs, get a small cheese omelet for your egg side instead of plain scrambled, and it's TONS better.

Or heck, get a full large omelet with everything on it if you want. They'll bring you whatever you order, so go all out!

Never had lunch there but breakfast I ate crabcakes benedict every morning yummy

Me also-except for those mornings I went with the Fruit de Mur, or the steak & eggs, Or the waffle (many great things on their breakfast menu :D))

Also, whatever you order for breakfast get a side order of bacon. The bacon was great, crisp yet melts in your mouth.

I really enjoyed the sliders for lunch, but do wish they would add a special or two at lunch. The static menu for breakfast is fine, but there were times at lunch that I wished there were some new items. That said, I do really love the Cagney's perk and it certainly didn't siop me from enjoying our lunches there.

The other nice thing about Cagney's is that it becomes a small ship within the ship. You end up seeing and chatting with the other people there, often seeing the same people, and it makes for a pleasant meal.

We just broke the bank and booked our first Penthouse suite. Can't wait. We know that breakfast and lunch is open at Cagney's for us. Is there the surcharge that there is at dinner? Or is it part of the perk for paying more for the suite? Is there a surcharge for room service? There wasn't in our mini-suite, but that menu was not inclusive of the other restaurants.

Thanks for the info.

Oh, and can we bring guests to breakfast?

Thanks,

Sheri

We just broke the bank and booked our first Penthouse suite. Can't wait. We know that breakfast and lunch is open at Cagney's for us. Is there the surcharge that there is at dinner? Or is it part of the perk for paying more for the suite? Is there a surcharge for room service? There wasn't in our mini-suite, but that menu was not inclusive of the other restaurants.

Thanks for the info.

Sheri

Breakfast and lunch in Cagney's is a suite perk.

There is no surcharge for room service but a small tip is always appreciated.

PE

Hello...We loved St. Erika, were not so excited about Karan. He seemed to be too busy with the GV and CV. He was there at Cagney's every day, asking what he could do for you. We really didn't "use" his services. I was quite perturbed with him on our Bridge Tour in the Panama Canal. We were not allowed to go on the port side of the bridge, although the people from the Garden Villa were there with the Captain and his wife,Tiuja (sp). All I wanted was a photo of our friends on our AC balcony, directly below the port side of the bridge. He wouldn't let me go over there--told me there was "nothing to see". ( Bobbi, wanted a picture of you guys!). I knew our balcony was visable from the bridge, as we looked up there all the time .

So, give us Erika, please, she was a real "Pearl"!

Helen

I don't see this as being Karan's fault. Considering the amount of money people pay for the GV's, they're entitled to something "extra" that no one else is....in my opinion.

Sorry.....back to the food talk.....

Thanks for the info.

Thanks,

Sheri

Suite passengers pay the usual surcharge for dinner at Cagney's and the other surcharge restaurants. They also pay the usual surcharge to have surcharge restaurant food brought to the suite.

Thanks,

Sheri

If you would like to bring guests to breakfast or lunch, make sure you check with the concierge first. It can be done, just ask first...

Archived