Just got a big price drop

MDSue

I was just checking prices online and saw that the price of my upcoming cruise dropped by almost $600 for the two of us. I called Royal Caribbean and they adjusted the price. Just thought I'd share the good news.

It might be worth it to check the prices of any already booked cruises.:):)

I was just checking prices online and saw that the price of my upcoming cruise dropped by almost $600 for the two of us. I called Royal Caribbean and they adjusted the price. Just thought I'd share the good news.

Very nice...too bad that is a week or two after Spring Break for our household...

bummer...mine didn't go down...maybe next time!

Just keep checking, you never know when a price drop will appear. I see you are booked on the Oasis- somehow, I don't think the price will go down on that one:)

We are on the same cruise. How does a price drop work if we booked through a travel agent? Are they able to give them?

I see that we could now get a balcony for the price we paid for our interior room!

I emailed my t.a. and hope she gets back to me asap tomorrow. I want a balcony!

~kim

We are on the same cruise. How does a price drop work if we booked through a travel agent? Are they able to give them?

I see that we could now get a balcony for the price we paid for our interior room!

I emailed my t.a. and hope she gets back to me asap tomorrow. I want a balcony!

~kim

This year we booked directly through Royal Caribbean, but two years ago I got a similar price drop through the travel agent I booked through. Good luck, they should be able to get the difference for you.

What ship and when? We are sailing on the Indy in Feb. I will have to call.

For our cruises we check a couple of times per week to see if the price has dropped, just in case our TA doesn't get the discount (although every time we have called him on a drop he already had it credited handled with the cruise line. With our most recent RCCL cruise I was checking daily during the last 2 weeks before the cruise. I found that not only had the price dropped by 35% per person 4 days out, but the price was the same for a whole cabin category higher (inside to outside.) So, we got the money as OBC and the better room. Just keep your eyes open.

When these things change, I'm assuming you have to keep an eye on the price and call them out on it? Automatic refunds or OBC would just be too nice I guess... ;)

Your assumptions are correct! I check, usually twice a day. I save my family almost $500 worth of price drops....and yet my cabin has not dropped, oh well at least they are all buying me lots of drinks for the trade!

Suite prices aren't shown on the web site. So, how do I find out about a price drop. I've called in the past and asked but have doubts about being told a Grand Suite I've booked is now cheaper.

If suites are no longer showing for your sailing, it is more than likely that they are fully sold out in that category... no chance for a price drop then! Still check though, because sometimes people cancel, TAs release holds, etc, So, there is still hope! Perhaps a higher suite than what you booked may become available at a better price?

Good luck!

A~

Yeah wouldn't it be nice if the cruise line gave everyone their reduced rate without having to call and ask for it. Maybe in a perfect world. I check every hour as I have found price drops that were only good for an hour or so before so many people took advantage of it that the price went back up or even higher.

Wow!!! Thats an amazing drop! :)

A couple of weeks ago I noticed there was a decent price drop ($300.00) on our upcoming jewel of the seas cruise. I called RCCL and was told that "yes, there was a drop but if we took it the price of our air and taxes would go up and we'd actually have to pay more for the cruise".....what? When I questioned the rep. she put me on hold, came back and said yes, the price would go up of I took the price drop....what???????

A couple of weeks ago I noticed there was a decent price drop ($300.00) on our upcoming jewel of the seas cruise. I called RCCL and was told that "yes, there was a drop but if we took it the price of our air and taxes would go up and we'd actually have to pay more for the cruise".....what? When I questioned the rep. she put me on hold, came back and said yes, the price would go up of I took the price drop....what???????

The price drops are great if you are still outside the penalty time frame for cancellation. Essentially, you are cancelling your cabin (hence penalties) and rebooking at a 'new booking only' rate. Sometimes it works out in your favor, and sometimes not so much. Sounds like you are very close to your sailing date and the penalty is much higher than a discounted fare.

Have a great cruise!

i just checked the rcc website for my cruise which is the loberty of the seas on july 18th 2010 for 2 people and that did not go down-do you think it will in the near future-its still showing 1649 per person and thats what i booked last week.thanks

Just keep checking, you never know when a price drop will appear. I see you are booked on the Oasis- somehow, I don't think the price will go down on that one:)

Not so - I got one of my clients a £560 (around $840) drop on Oasis today -one of the very early sailings too!

The price drops are great if you are still outside the penalty time frame for cancellation. Essentially, you are cancelling your cabin (hence penalties) and rebooking at a 'new booking only' rate. Sometimes it works out in your favor, and sometimes not so much. Sounds like you are very close to your sailing date and the penalty is much higher than a discounted fare.

Have a great cruise!

Sorry that is incorrect.We just received a good price drop on our Equinox 12/14 cruise, they added a senior discount. Not all price drops are for new bookings only.

Have a great cruise!

Sorry but this is totally incorrect

You are just getting a different price code for staying in exactly the same cabin - that is why you can only get a price drop if there are still cabins available in your category. You are not cancelling and rebooking. You can get a price drop any time up to sailing date. Sounds like you need a new TA!

Different agents, different approach to maintaining a good customer. Live & Learn

Come on over to our Roll Call; Jewel of the Seas 10/27/2009 Halloween Cruise. There are more than 200 great cruise lovers already on board. Lots of events and parties are planned.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Archived