Favorite Ships for Panama Canal Transit

hulamoon

We've done full transit on Princess, HAL and Celebrity. We enjoyed them all. All offered very good commentary as we sailed, and there was plenty of "rail space". If your primary concern for this cruise is specificaly the canal transit, I would not say any of the 3 I mentioned was better than the others. I think I would make my decision based on the other ports that are included in the itinerary.

Thanks everyone. We do want an active cruise, I noticed CC states in their write up of the Panama Canal to be on an active cruise if you don't want the shore excursion to cancel. We plan on seeing all ruins worth visiting and snorkel or dive where the water is good. We like evening activities but if we are as busy as in Europe I will be fine with a good book, movie and a little music at night.

For a while I wondered why the ships seem to be older, but maybe it is just the size. Our first ship was older and I loved her anyway.:D Then of course the Coral and Statendam are coming out of drydock, so that is good.

Thanks everyone. We do want an active cruise, I noticed CC states in their write up of the Panama Canal to be on an active cruise if you don't want the shore excursion to cancel. We plan on seeing all ruins worth visiting and snorkel or dive where the water is good. We like evening activities but if we are as busy as in Europe I will be fine with a good book, movie and a little music at night.

For a while I wondered why the ships seem to be older, but maybe it is just the size. Our first ship was older and I loved her anyway.:D Then of course the Coral and Statendam are coming out of drydock, so that is good.

I'm booked on Statendam for the Panama Canal next April right after she gets out of drydock (and a two week cruise before us) I am so looking forward to this cruise. The only port Statendam goes to before the canal is Aruba. Great beaches.

Hope you find the perfect cruise

Helen

Archived