Upgrade Offering Advice

Nuka

. We have been with O several times, and never once have we been offered an upgrade. Go for it.

I think it depends on the cabin you are in and if they have too many GTY for that cabin CAT then they offer upgrades for a fee.

We were offered a downgrade from a B2 to a C2 but did not want to chance the location of the C2:)

Lyn

good morning from germany with another question to this thread - they offered us an updrade from A1 to penthouse for 750usd per person - go or no? ref. nautica for three weeks, sydney to bangkok. which cabin would you suggest ?

I think we all realize the additional features that go with a penthouse suite vs. a conceirge stateroom. So it all depends upon your preference and what use/satisfaction you would get from it.

However, the cruise that you are on is 21 days long with 8 days at sea. I would think that you would be in your rooom more duiring at sea days than in port days. IMO for an additional 25 euros pp per day I would leap on this offer!

upgrade offer via ta -anybody knows the difference between ph 1, 2, 3?

the cabins are all at deck 8 - the best will be midship ? how do you know if it is portside and what's better about it ? what means * at cabin number ? sorry, we are new on the ship and cruises..

thanks for any advice - connie

upgrade offer via ta -anybody knows the difference between ph 1, 2, 3?

the cabins are all at deck 8 - the best will be midship ? how do you know if it is port-side and what's better about it ? what means * at cabin number ? sorry, we are new on the ship and cruises..

thanks for any advice - connie

The only difference between PH1, PH2 or PH3 is "Location, Location, Location"! Ph1s are directly midships, PH2 and PH3 are further aft or forward. Since each PH is almost identical, there is no practical difference - some think that it is more stable at mid-shiips.

Port cabins are odd numbers and starboard cabins are even numbered.

The two stars are an indication that the cabin has a sofa bed and could hold three people - otherwise, the sofa is just a normal one.....

thanks for your info - and for today a last question - are the verandas bigger as the concierge verandas ? is there any video where we could have a look besides the oceania's ? keep you informed when i got news from the ta.....let's stay tuned!

As the PH cabins are twice as wide as the A cabins, so are their balconies twice as long (same depth though).

Others will correct me if I am wrong.

I believe the PH are 50% wider than the A and B cabins and thus so are their balconies.

I always have trouble with this - never can remember the difference between the pointy end and the ruddery end!!

Just remember the food is at the ruddery end :D

Except for the afternoon cream tea :)

Only 8 months to go

Lyn

• 2 weeks later...
I leave in a few days and my TA just called to offer an upgrade from Oceania from my A-2 aft to PH for a mere $2,500 PP. Uhhh.:eek:

It is your TA playing tricks on you.

We got upgraded from a PH2 to OS for our 12 days cruise to S.A. during the holiday season in less than a month. The cost was $1,500pp. We thought it was reasonable, but when we looked at the credit card statement, the TA's take alone was $500. Not bad for a few phone calls back and forth. Anyway it is still a treat for my 50th birthday. We have never stayed in stateroom with two bathrooms before, really looking forward to it.

I would try to negotiate with the TA for a better price if I were you, and perhaps some extra onboard credits to go along with it.

It is your TA playing tricks on you.

We got upgraded from a PH2 to OS for our 12 days cruise to S.A. during the holiday season in less than a month. The cost was $1,500pp. We thought it was reasonable, but when we looked at the credit card statement, the TA's take alone was $500. Not bad for a few phone calls back and forth. Anyway it is still a treat for my 50th birthday. We have never stayed in stateroom with two bathrooms before, really looking forward to it.

I would try to negotiate with the TA for a better price if I were you, and perhaps some extra onboard credits to go along with it.

OS a totally different story. Actually my TA is the best. The price was $2,500 PP but was told for 2,500 I could have it since I am travelling alone. Pay me now, pay me later. I have over $1,000 in OBC excluding gratuities from my TA plus a massage. I am happy. It is great to see what others are offered. I also book early and choose my cabin so I am seldom offered an upgrade. I just happed to be on the wait list. The Butler spoiled me. (There I go again Cintipam)

Archived