Independence of the seas

Alot of info is on the RC website under ships, you will get deck plans and photos as well as a virtual tour.

I am always surprised that people ask for info after they have booked their cruise, I would have thought it better to ask before.

I have add the information about the layout of the ship, what I'm asking is if people like it and what the entainment and activities were like. We just got off the Celebrity Equinox and I found the activities on board the ship extremely boring. We had no fun on this ship at all, so I really want to know how people liked the Independence of the Seas.

Again thanks for any information

I have add the information about the layout of the ship, what I'm asking is if people like it and what the entainment and activities were like. We just got off the Celebrity Equinox and I found the activities on board the ship extremely boring. We had no fun on this ship at all, so I really want to know how people liked the Independence of the Seas.

Hi scrustyrock - are we related? Our fave ship is Brilliance and we also found the Equinox a big bore - and that was the Maiden Voyage lol. Big damp squib. Closed down at 9.00 pm:p

We are on the Indie on November 1st - come over to our thread - people on there have been on Indie previously.

The INDY is a beautiful big ship..well taken care of...everything seems new clean and modern. The cabins have an updated feel, flat screen TV's and the activities are great and numerous..Staff seems happy to be aboard...not burned out....The Royal Promenade actually feels like a Mall... Many choices of places to eat....Pool area H2O zone impressive etc. etc. etc. The INDY is one of our favorites but love the ROS too and a soft spot for VOS....Each ship can have a great memory for you, they all have their own personalities...ENJOY

While many will disagree with me, we did not like our transatlantic cruise on the Brilliance, so she is my least favorite of the RCCL ships. We were on the Indy for the April 2009 transatlantic and absolutely loved her. We will be doing the autumn transatlantic on her in November and look forward to being on the Indy again. She is my absolute favorite. I have not yet been on the Solstice class ships in Celebrity but have booked the Eclipse in May. Celebrity has a whole different feel/climate than RCCL and it really depends on what you are looking for. We tend to have a good time whatever line we are on, albeit not on the Brilliance. Just my opinion, but I think you will love the Indy.

Love the Independance, never seem to have enough time on it even with a TA. The staff are brilliant, Plenty to do from early in the morning to the wee small hours.

Biggest kick I think I get out of sailing on her is when you go into port alongside another ship, who thinks it's a large ship.lol

You'll have a great time.

:)

Love the Independance, never seem to have enough time on it even with a TA. The staff are brilliant, Plenty to do from early in the morning to the wee small hours.

Biggest kick I think I get out of sailing on her is when you go into port alongside another ship, who thinks it's a large ship.lol

Funny comment and so true....When sailing on her into Caribbean ports WOW !!! The camera flashes from the other ships was like a CELEBRITY sailing down the red carpet...... :cool:

We were on a B2B in March & on the West Carribean itinery we were docked with the Grandeur at Costa Maya & Cozumel. A lady in Ron Jon's in Cozumel was asking if we were having a good time and was on the GOS. She asked which ship we were on and I said IOS - 'that is a big ship she said' - I think she was suffering from Cruise ship size envy!!:D

Graham Seymour is a great CD - very funny. If you go to the pub in the promenade - hopefully Charry will be there - she is soooo funny & Marvin or Mark - they were working in the Schooner Bar and were brilliant.

Have a great time & try one of the London lemonades at the pub - super strong but oooohh so good!!:D

Just got off the Independence yesterday, not my favorite ship at all. May have been the itinerary - we went to the Canary Islands - but I would not go again. I love RCCL - cruised last year on the Serenade to Hawaii, this trip just left us all flat. Entertainment was ok, lounge singers were awful, dining room food was great.

Hi scrustyrock - are we related? Our fave ship is Brilliance and we also found the Equinox a big bore - and that was the Maiden Voyage lol. Big damp squib. Closed down at 9.00 pm:p

We are on the Indie on November 1st - come over to our thread - people on there have been on Indie previously.

OMG..I'm so glad someone else feel the way I did about the Equinox. If you going into cruise review almost everyone rates it 5 1/2 stars and I started feeling that I was crazy.

I'm look at the board for November 1st.

Thanks so much

Sharon Campbell

• 6 months later...
We were on a B2B in March & on the West Carribean itinery we were docked with the Grandeur at Costa Maya & Cozumel. A lady in Ron Jon's in Cozumel was asking if we were having a good time and was on the GOS. She asked which ship we were on and I said IOS - 'that is a big ship she said' - I think she was suffering from Cruise ship size envy!!:D

Graham Seymour is a great CD - very funny. If you go to the pub in the promenade - hopefully Charry will be there - she is soooo funny & Marvin or Mark - they were working in the Schooner Bar and were brilliant.

Have a great time & try one of the London lemonades at the pub - super strong but oooohh so good!!:D

Tell me more, what is a London Lemonade?

Why was the Equinox boring? What were the daytime activities? What is it that you like on Royal that you don't get on Celebrity? I'm curious as we are booked on the Eclipse next year.

Weve been on both, and off on Brilliance again in May.

Independence is a lovely ship I really find it hard to fault ... but ... for us it was just too big.Theres lots to do , the Ice shows are fantastic , just too many people for us. It was hard to find seats on deck and at night both in the theatre and in the lounges and bars. I think that would be my only complaint. My favourite ships are Jewel and Brilliance I think its because of the open feeling and sea views from some of the public rooms but it really is just down to personal taste. Im sure youll have a great time.

Archived