What southern Carribean intinerary should I chose? Barbados, St Lucia, Aruba?

NutsAboutGolf

In the planning stages of my second ever cruise. Would prefer out of Miami/Ft L. vs PR due to the airfare. I've been reading a ton of ports and it's really hard which islands in addition to the ones I posted. I understand that it's rare to go to both Barbados and St Lucia and even more rare to also go to those two and aruba. What islands would you all recommend?

In the planning stages of my second ever cruise. Would prefer out of Miami/Ft L. vs PR due to the airfare. I've been reading a ton of ports and it's really hard which islands in addition to the ones I posted. I understand that it's rare to go to both Barbados and St Lucia and even more rare to also go to those two and aruba. What islands would you all recommend?

You can go to all three of these ports, but you have to do a longer cruise in order to do so. I know that Holland America have 14 day cruises that hit these ports. Also check with Princess and Celebrity for their southern Caribbean routes.

I would encourage you to take a cruise to islands in the Southern Caribbean. I've done two (a 10 day and 14 day) and have another one planned in late 2010.

Truly, there are all nice. We explored all 3 in past 2 years and I would go back to any. St. Lucia we went to a beach and next time would go to the Pitons. Barbados we did the Concorde tour (Princess sponsored) which took us around the island a bit, then we went to a beach near the ship.

Aruba is flat, whereas Barbados and St. Lucia are very mountainous.

I'd consider the ship if I got stuck on itinerary.

Thanks everyone.

I'm simply stuck on the itinerary mainly due to budget reasons. I don't know if I should try to do just one of the three ports now and do two more cruises over the next year or two...Or I don't know if I should just fry into PR and tackle all three of them.

For me, I'd rank Aruba first, then St. Lucia, then Barbados.

But it really depends on what kinds of things you like. I've had fun with all three.

Hi new to this forum need info about Aruba and St. Lucia, is there anyone that can feed me with information on excursions in St. Lucia. I heard that Aruba has beautiful beaches where as St. Lucia is luscious. Would love to sample both islands they seems so different and yet so popular. Anyone please help.....

Aruba

St. Lucia

Holland America has a seven day cruise that goes to Aruba,Curacao, and Half Moon Cay. This is the only seven day cruise from Fort Lauderdale that goes into the Southern Caribbean.

This might be more reasonable price wise for you to get a feel of these island.

Also, Holland America use a Vista class ship which is one of there more modern ships and it often draws a nice crowd.

Holland America has a seven day cruise that goes to Aruba,Curacao, and Half Moon Cay. This is the only seven day cruise from Fort Lauderdale that goes into the Southern Caribbean.

This might be more reasonable price wise for you to get a feel of these island.

Also, Holland America use a Vista class ship which is one of there more modern ships and it often draws a nice crowd.

Thank you. 3 ports and 3 sea days...Carnival has the miracle which doesn't start going southern until Oct 2010 from Fort L. It's already pretty cheap, there may be a group deal, it's one more day or a total of 8 days and it has 5 ports and 3 sea days. The runner up would be sucking it up and doing Celebrity 10 or 11 day cruise which goes everywhere I want, is about the same cost of the Holland, but goes out of PR. We'll see :)

Check out the grand princess 11 day out of Ft. Lauderdale - 1/04/2010. It combines both eastern and southern and goes to several new islands for us. If you've sailed on princess before there are some great deals!

Check out the grand princess 11 day out of Ft. Lauderdale - 1/04/2010. It combines both eastern and southern and goes to several new islands for us. If you've sailed on princess before there are some great deals!

Thanks. I did see that and the timing isn't good for me. Pretty sure I'm going to do the miracle and the victory in two separate vacations...

Archived