Island Princess 10-Day Panama Canal Review - Not quite LIVE ... but close

SweetAngel

what a fabulous review. I saw it and was reading along, and about halfway through realized that the cruise was over year ago. It doesn't matter though, it was a great review.

Thanks for doing it and I hope you have many more wonderful cruises.

Ohiodoglover

We saw it was an older review, but still couldn't find ourselves to stop reading it. It was great to read and to see all the pictures.

I read this review about 7 months ago just before I booked and had saved it as a subscribed thread to re-read as I approach my Island Princess trip in Janauary. I was very excited to see it revived!

Congratulations on your masters! I went back for mine after many years out of school and can agree with how good it feels to be done with it. What a great accomplishment.

I can't wait to sit down and relive your experience before living mine!!!:D

What a great review, I really want to do a full Panama Canal Transit, but will only do that on DCL . If DCL does not move the Wonder back to the East coast, I think your report has conviced me that doing the 10 day Island Princess cruise will be a great option.

Glad I found this report.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish to emphasize one last time how perfect this Island Princess cruise was! I traveled on many different cruise lines, and none of my other cruises compared. Although each and every cruise is unique and wonderful, the last cruise I took had such a prevailing feeling of emptiness to it ... so far from the mark set by Island Princess.

As I prepare to set sail on a graduation cruise next month, I delve into the research of a new ship ... and ... I know it will be wonderful ... but I do not expect it to rank anywhere close to the experience I wrote about here.

Thanks for reading and sharing the voyage with me!!!

Until we meet again . . .

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Angel

Thank you soo much, wonderful, wonderful review.. I am now thinking about this cruise over Xmas. I have two children 14 and 8. Where there any families? i wonder if my kids would enjoy also?

Thanks

I should have been doing the ironing, Ha!

I have just spent a most pleasent 3 hours reading all of this thread.

You have done a fantastic job of telling me how good this cruise was.

My OH is wanting to do The Panana Canal cruise. I will certainly get him to read this.

Thank you so much again......now will someone please do my ironing. LOL.

The fantastic service on Island does not surprise me at all, though I have never been on her. My 1st cruise was an Alaska one on Coral. Coral is Island's sister ship, and I suspect their must be some rivalry between them for title of 'best service at sea'. It was fantastic, and made me a cruiser every chance I get! If you get a chance, choose either one and be happy you did.

Doug

Angel, I don't know if your name is actually Angel or Angelique, etc. like my granddaughter who was the only one born out of triplets, but what a beautiful name.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the great review and awesome pictures. I have never been on this ship, but everything you said and showed was great.

Question, you mentioned the words cabin crawl,and perhaps you answered it for someone else, but I don't know. What is that? I have never heard of this before?

I am enjoying this thread so much! My husband and I are booked on the Island Princess 10 day Panama Canal cruise leaving on April 15, 2013. Our roll call is not very active to say the least. I'm hoping things pick up as the departure date gets closer.

Thanks for all your hard work, Angel!

My mom has dreamed of doing this and we are going in 2013. Is there one month that is better to go than another? We are very flexible with our dates?

I've sailed on a Panama Canal cruise twice in the begining of March, the weather was perfect and of course hot, but it's always hot there. You don't want to go during the heavy rainy season, Sept - Dec.

• 3 weeks later...

I came across this review when I searched for formal night information.

I spent more time reading it than I should (as I'm a workicon9.gif) It's been a fascinating read and the pictures are great too.

Not that i needed convincing but I will definitely book this cruise for the 2 November 2012 sailing.

Thank youicon7.gif

I came across this review when I searched for formal night information.

I spent more time reading it than I should (as I'm a workicon9.gif) It's been a fascinating read and the pictures are great too.

Not that i needed convincing but I will definitely book this cruise for the 2 November 2012 sailing.

Thank youicon7.gif

If you decide to book the November 2 sailing, please join us on our roll call and welcome. It's a very active roll call. Our meet and greet will be held 1st sea day in the Crooners bar from 2 to 3PM.

• 2 weeks later...

As everyone else has said, thanks so much to Angel for this thread! I have been reading boards on cruise critic for several years now, and this is the first time I have been compelled to keep reading to the end, all 397 posts.

We are booked on the Island for a full transit on November 26th, so many differences in itinerary, but just her descriptions of the ship itself has me even more excited than before. We have never participated in a lot of the shipboard activities before either, but she makes them sound like such fun!

• 1 month later...

I just found this review and I am very excited to read it all the way through. I briefly scan through it. We just booked the 10 day partial transit for Dec 20, 2012. We are in cabins A341 & A343 does anyone know if these cabins have a cover balcony or not? I am also excited to read about the transit through the canal and interested to see what excursions are recommended as we would like to see as much of the canal as possible. We will be traveling with our 21 & 23 year old children (one of which is a history buff) Thanks in advance for any information you can provide, also if you recommend any other reviews on this itinerary.

Archived