kids clubs age group question

I have 3 kids all of which we be seperated in different clubs b/c of their ages. My question is, will the kids clubs age groups ever do things together as one??? Like when they have free play or do some science thinggie will they combine my 7 year old with my 9 year old? Or will they always be seperated no matter what????

Thanks!

Depending on the ship and number of kids, they will sometimes combine the age groups with supervision. On a busier day, you can always request to have the older child go into the younger grouping so everybody can be together.

Depends on the ages of the kids...

The first group of kids is 3-5, the next is 6-8, etc

The bigger kids (6-8 and 9-11) combine for games like dodgeball. The littlest kids only combine with the older ones for the pirate parade as far as I remember.

Depending on the ship and number of kids, they will sometimes combine the age groups with supervision. On a busier day, you can always request to have the older child go into the younger grouping so everybody can be together.

I thought they did not allow this? Could someone please confirm? Thanks!

I thought they did not allow this? Could someone please confirm? Thanks!

Generally no, they don't. We talk about it all the time on the Family Board and we are pretty much all in agreement. With our experience, they do not combine the groups - with two exceptions.....

--the pirate parade - the pirate parade combines the 3-5s with the 6-8s

--the talent show - the same age groups are combined as the pirate parade

I just asked my oldest, the 6-8s never combined with the 9-11s for any event. They "took over each others rooms" for a few events. Like the 9-11's raided the 6-8's room. But they weren't there at the time.

older children can most of the time particapte in younger age group activities by preapproval of the counselor and the parent... except for the situation where a kid turns 18 and can no long be part of the 15-17 year old group. i know that part does not apply to you. but a lot has to do with the counselor who is working on the cruise to.. there is always a set law but each counselor and depending on quantities of kids will decide on combining or not

I just asked my oldest, the 6-8s never combined with the 9-11s for any event. They "took over each others rooms" for a few events. Like the 9-11's raided the 6-8's room. But they weren't there at the time.

My younger DD will turn 9 halfway through the cruise. Will she have to be in the 6-8 group? And do they do anything to celebrate birthdays? She had her 7th birthday on the Golden Princess and the counselors brought a cake in and sang happy birthday.

My younger DD will turn 9 halfway through the cruise. Will she have to be in the 6-8 group? And do they do anything to celebrate birthdays? She had her 7th birthday on the Golden Princess and the counselors brought a cake in and sang happy birthday.

My son turned 12 during one of our cruises, I had the option of leaving him in the 9 - 11 (which is where he officially would be placed since they do go by age on first day of cruise) or signing a paper to say I agreed to him going into the 12 - 14 group. No way he was staying with the younger kids, he moved up and was fine.

As far as what they do I can't say about the kids club, but tell you waiter and they will bring a special dessert (one serving worth) with a candle and the waiters will sing during dinner.

Archived