Is Tui OK

Smee

I have to pay the balance for our Christmas cruise this week, normally I would just use my credit card but because of the extra cost they charge for using CCs I intend using my debit card. there is no chance of them going bust after I pay, is there............:confused::eek:

Hi Carol and Smee,

I think we're all OK. As well as paying in full for our Dec. cruise I've already paid a deposit on our cruise for Sept 2010.

And Smee, you've been beating that poor PC on the head since I've joined here. Are you going to upgrade to Windows 7 ? :D

Berwyn

I can't see any likelihood of TUI going bust - so go ahead.

Thanks for that MrMojoRisin, if they do go belly up and we lose our payments will you adjust yor crystal balls:D

Two years ago you'd have been committed to a mental institution for saying the Halifax and RBS were up S**t creek without a paddle.:rolleyes:

Stranger things have happened!

Thanks for that MrMojoRisin, if they do go belly up and we lose our payments will you adjust yor crystal balls:D

Two years ago you'd have been committed to a mental institution for saying the Halifax and RBS were up S**t creek without a paddle.:rolleyes:

Stranger things have happened!

Ha! If I am wrong I think MrsMojoRisin will ensure I have no balls, crystal or otherwise, left to adjust as I have one fully paid cruise in December (not a Thomson cruise) and deposits down for two Thomson cruises all paid for with debit card via our local Thomson travel agent.

Ha! If I am wrong I think MrsMojoRisin will ensure I have no balls, crystal or otherwise, left to adjust as I have one fully paid cruise in December (not a Thomson cruise) and deposits down for two Thomson cruises all paid for with debit card via our local Thomson travel agent.

I'm sure Mrs MojoRisin wouldn't go that far, after all you did book them in the first place and she should be grateful for that! Besides if you're anything like me you'd have to sew them back on first :D

:eek:.......Is anyone safe ??......Some enormous names have gone to the wall recently..........:eek:

Yea but.............. we don't want to start feeling jittery and keep writing about it .........lesser things have shaken market confidence!!!!!!!!! We regular travellers (with future cruises planned, deposits and balances already paid) have a greater investment than any in this NOT being the case. :eek:

I do take your point though (HBOS etc) but with ATOL/ABTA surely we are protected from financial loss - but not of course from the disappointment/shock of any probs with the company. Many of us travel frequently with them, probably because of the warmth and atmosphere on board and as such I think we would feel it more keenly than with lines which are more impersonal.

Perhaps we should 'talk up' Thomson instead - and all stay positive planning for and enjoying forthcoming trips! Happy sailing all! :D :D :D

........Perhaps we should 'talk up' Thomson instead - and all stay positive planning for and enjoying forthcoming trips! Happy sailing all! :D :D :D

I reckon Thomsons will want to introduce a ship to compliment Island Escape so they can cash in on the Ocean village 'debacle'. Maybe transfer one of their other ships and replace it with a more modern and glitzy replacement. Late 2011 would be ideal for this as apparently both Destiny and Spirits charters run out.

Planning for new trips!. I have 3 cruises planned and just got the itineries for the Dream carib cruises next year. So by 5th Nov I have to decide whether it is the Dream or wait until the new year for the Destiny cruises.

I reckon Thomsons will want to introduce a ship to compliment Island Escape so they can cash in on the Ocean village 'debacle'. Maybe transfer one of their other ships and replace it with a more modern and glitzy replacement. Late 2011 would be ideal for this as apparently both Destiny and Spirits charters run out.

Planning for new trips!. I have 3 cruises planned and just got the itineries for the Dream carib cruises next year. So by 5th Nov I have to decide whether it is the Dream or wait until the new year for the Destiny cruises.

You could well be right, dave about some major re-think of their fleet at the end of 2011. It's probably due. Despite loving sailing on Thomson ships, I'd be the first to admit that aspects of Celebration/Spirit are a bit of a let down (en-suites/vibration) and would be delighted if they were replaced without these problems. Of course, I'd also want the 'product' to remain the same - fab crews, excellent entertainment, warmth and great atmosphere are a 'must' to retain.

When do you think the Celebration lease expires? I think it came into service for Thomson in late Spring 2005 so a 5-year lease would probably run out next year - but of course the summer schedules include her until October 2010. Last time we were on I must say she sounded very noisy at the back - and as we know there are some original design problems which are not fixable. So perhaps she could be the first in line for replacement. The future could be very interesting!!

Good for you - three trips in the pipe-line! Keep planning and enjoy your cruising. :)

Archived