Singapore Airlines Business Class Question

makai 7

Singapore Airlines doesn't have an arrivals lounge. If your trip ends at Singapore you can use a privately-operated lounge (pay a fee) that has showers.

If you're just transiting at SIN (i.e. connecting to another flight) then you can use the SQ lounge between flights.

ETA - if you're spending a couple of days in Singapore before a cruise, I can highly recommend the Crowne Plaza hotel right in Changi Airport (adjacent to SQ arrivals) - a very nice hotel. Maybe crash there one night before moving into the city? Note there's a complete (air conditioned) shopping center including a good hawker food court right in the sub-basement below the airport and hotel. VERY convenient for jet-lagged and tired pax, as well as thousands of airport workers and locals. Quite fun.

Thanks for the answer (though it is not the one I was hoping for :D).

I guess they aren't as kind to their passengers as Virgin Airlines in the UK.

Yes- our trip ends in Singapore and we are arriving at around 6am after an 18 hour flight from LAX (and a long layover in LA after arriving from Boston). We expect to be a bit jet-lagged and it is too early to do much of anything.

We're boarding the Azamara Quest later that day and were hoping that Singapore Air would provide some arrival services. Most likely we'll use the pay-for services at the terminal. This will be a first for us.

Thanks for the answer (though it is not the one I was hoping for :D).

Yes- our trip ends in Singapore and we are arriving at around 6am after an 18 hour flight from LAX (and a long layover in LA after arriving from Boston). We expect to be a bit jet-lagged and it is too early to do much of anything.

We're boarding the Azamara Quest later that day and were hoping that Singapore Air would provide some arrival services. Most likely we'll use the pay-for services at the terminal. This will be a first for us.

http://www.plaza-ppl.com/sg_en/index.php

Also you can check your bags at the left luggage desk and hang out in the shopping center until it's time to go to the dock.

It isn't anything to do with being "kind". Arrivals lounges are generally only provided in places where many high value arriving passengers have an immediate need for "hotel" services before going on to other things, and find it difficult to get access to their hotel rooms at that time of the day.

This is why there are actually very few arrivals lounges around the world; I think that London has the biggest concentration of them. Other places simply don't see the demand that would make the provision of an arrivals lounge economically viable.

There could be one problem with this: It's airside. Although at SIN an arriving pax can access airside lounges without having to re-clear security, it would mean that the OP's bags are left unclaimed on the carousel. It's possible that this could lead to later problems when the OP tries to find them. I would have thought that a landside airport hotel might well be a better bet.

If you require more than a shower, you may wish to consider the Transit Hotel, which can be booked in 6 hour blocks.

We have stayed here. It is basic, but nice to be able to make a cup of tea and know someone will wake you up, if you fall asleep, after a long flight.

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/en/airport_guide/transit/transit_hotel.html?__locale=en#

We have also used Changi Airport's shower facilities and my daughters swear by the foot massages.

Don't forget to visit the butterflies and admire the orchids.

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/en/airport_guide/exp_changi/nature_trail/index.html

Same problem, though: All airside, pre-immigration. Linger here when you get off your flight, and your luggage might be whisked off to goodness only knows where, on the basis that it's been abandoned.

Good point. Whilst we go into Singapore, I forgot that our luggage is held by the airline someone pending our departure late at night.

Maybe the suggestion given below might be an option for makai 7 -

"Crowne Plaza hotel right in Changi Airport (adjacent to SQ arrivals) - a very nice hotel"

There could be one problem with this: It's airside. Although at SIN an arriving pax can access airside lounges without having to re-clear security, it would mean that the OP's bags are left unclaimed on the carousel. It's possible that this could lead to later problems when the OP tries to find them. I would have thought that a landside airport hotel might well be a better bet.
According to the Changi website, the landside branch of the Plaza Premium Lounge in T3 (not airside one in T2) is now an "arrivals" lounge.

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/en/airport_guide/arrival/visit_singapore/index.html

The Crowne Plaza allegedly has a day rate, but I can't find anything official about it online. I would definitely send them an email inquiring.

Thank you all for the helpful information. After some discussion we will most likely use some of the arrival services at the airport (I assume it will take over an hour to get our bags and go thru immigration). We'll probably book a 5 hour tour and that should be enough to get us to the cruise terminal for embarkation.

Archived