Pre Cruise hotel in Ft Lauderdale?

armfool

We are thinking of booking a night in the Holiday Inn Express at 1500 17th St Causeway prior to our HAL cruise. Any thoughts on this hotel and its closeness to shopping and the beach? Seems to be along the road from the Embassty Suites and near a shopping centre.

Stay there once a couple of years ago. Convenient to Publix and drug store. Nice Thai place near. But hotel is over priced and kind of run down. The hotel prices seem competitive now. Try Embassy or Renaissance across the street. Have done both and were better. We are at the Hilton Marina this time. Looks good on their site.

Three years ago I got the Renassance by luck on Priceline and I was well satisfied with this hotel. I was about a two block walk for the water taxi and used it to get all over the intercoastal Water Way. I would go to the Renaissance again in a heart beat.

I think this is where we stayed in March. It really wasn't that great. Fine for a few hours sleep though. We booked it because it included breakfast. Yeah, fat chance on that. We were with hundreds of other cruise people trying to eat at the same time. We had to fight for food. Personally, I think it's worth it to pay a little more and stay somewhere better.

We are thinking of booking a night in the Holiday Inn Express at 1500 17th St Causeway prior to our HAL cruise. Any thoughts on this hotel and its closeness to shopping and the beach? Seems to be along the road from the Embassty Suites and near a shopping centre.

I booked one night at Holiday Inn Express 1150 W State Rd 84 pre HAL cruise. Says they have free airport pick up and free shuttle to ship pier as well as free breakfast. Free works for me, LOL. Since only one night befoe the cruise I think it will be just fine, even has a pool which is fine with me considering we are going to be on many beaches on the cruise. I googled it and found that it is near some restaurants so unless you are looking for a resort type hotel, this one looks fine for a night.

Joanne

I booked one night at Holiday Inn Express 1150 W State Rd 84 pre HAL cruise. Says they have free airport pick up and free shuttle to ship pier as well as free breakfast. Free works for me, LOL. Since only one night before the cruise I think it will be just fine, even has a pool which is OK with me considering we are going to be on many beaches on the cruise. I googled it and found that it is near some restaurants so unless you are looking for a resort type hotel, this one looks good for a night.

Joanne

We stayed there about 18 months ago and our room seemed to have been newly renovated. It was much nicer than I had remembered it from a previous stay a few years earlier.

We found it to be very clean and the staff were quite friendly and helpful. We must have hit the breakfast at a good time because, although it was unremarkable, it was not crowded.

This hotel is well located within walking distance of some good restaurants and a shopping centre. If you are there a day early, it is within walking distance of the water taxi as well.

We would use it again.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, 17th Street Causeway, 2 times before our cruises and it was okay, clean and the staff were very helpful. We eat early in the morning so we had no problem with crowds at breakfast. There is no pool and no onsite exercise room. There are restaurants close by, a bagel shop across the street. Publix and Total wine are an easy walk. We usually use our points to pay but this time they wanted an outrageous amount of points for a HIX and would not give us a king bed only 2 doubles for a "Rewards night" so we are trying the Hyatt Place for our next trip, got it on Hotwire for $89.

We stay at the Courtyard Marriott on the Beach.

There's Bubba Gumps downstairs and the beach directly across the street - the rooms are lovely, the dining room is very nice and the folks who work there are great.

We used Hilton points to stay at the Hampton Inn last March, pre-cruise. It worked out pretty well, the included continental breakfast was really good, and the staff helpful and friendly. I wish that I'd thought of Priceline for the Renaissance like some of the others did...that's a great deal at $60/night, when the regular rate is usually over $200. But then again, every room looks the same when you're asleep!

HAs anyone stayed at this hotel on the beach in FLL? I searched some threads but didn't see any info. Help Please! Good or bad, can get a good rate here as I have many points with program. Thanks!

It's not on the beach, it's across the street from the beach.

/////

We've stayed at a few different places over the years. I have to say, the free shuttle service and free breakfasts just don't do it for me - it's like a cruising cattle call, lol!!! We stayed at Embassy Suites once (granted it was for a holiday cruise) and it was so packed! The line for the shuttle was ridiculous and the breakfast area was just disgusting, people all over - sitting on the floor, touching food etc. Keep in mind - there are other ships leaving FLL (especially on weekends) that carry many, many more pax than HAL ships - those folks also go for the free shuttle/free breakfasts too.

We've stayed at Renaissance, which we really enjoyed - but I still prefer Hyatt Pier 66. The water views, access to the water taxi and the restaurants/food doesn't get too much better in FLL. A cab ride to the pier is $20 including tip and there are no lines, no waiting, no fighting pax - which for me, is a huge plus... who wants to start their vacation that way?

Some people think the vacation starts when they get on the ship, but for me the vacation starts when I get on the plane - it all counts towards my enjoyment. I'd rather budget a few extra dollars and relax and be pampered even before getting onboard - but that's just me. :)

We've stayed at a few different places over the years. I have to say, the free shuttle service and free breakfasts just don't do it for me - it's like a cruising cattle call, lol!!! We stayed at Embassy Suites once (granted it was for a holiday cruise) and it was so packed! The line for the shuttle was ridiculous and the breakfast area was just disgusting, people all over - sitting on the floor, touching food etc. Keep in mind - there are other ships leaving FLL (especially on weekends) that carry many, many more pax than HAL ships - those folks also go for the free shuttle/free breakfasts too.

We've stayed at Renaissance, which we really enjoyed - but I still prefer Hyatt Pier 66. The water views, access to the water taxi and the restaurants/food doesn't get too much better in FLL. A cab ride to the pier is $20 including tip and there are no lines, no waiting, no fighting pax - which for me, is a huge plus... who wants to start their vacation that way?

Some people think the vacation starts when they get on the ship, but for me the vacation starts when I get on the plane - it all counts towards my enjoyment. I'd rather budget a few extra dollars and relax and be pampered even before getting onboard - but that's just me. :)

I agree!

Archived