Car seat or no car seat?

cruisinsb

We are going on the Crown Princess in December and I have been trying to decide if we should bring a car seat for my 10 month old son. I basically have it down to either bringing our car seat, which is a britax marathon, or not bringing one at all because we will mostly be taking shuttles or vans and probably not use it. Any suggestions?

I wouldn't chance it, I'd just bring it and use one of those bags that fit the carseat and it has wheels.. we use one for the britax boulevard and it worked great. Since my little one is 3 now, we just got a compact booster to take with us for the short amount of driving we'll be doing.

There's a reason car seats are required by law....SAFETY. If you have seen how they drive in ports you will either take your carseat or opt not to risk it and walk places.

I just recently took a cruise and took our car seats. We only did a 3night one with one port and we opted to walk. Budget car rental in cape canaveral were nice enough to offer to keep our car seats until we came back. In January we have 3 ports and we are opting to walk if we get off the ship. Even the buses and vans are scary with the way people drive. We picked a ship that we know the kids would be happy staying onboard

We have always brought along the car seat (and later the booster seat). On our daughter's first cruise, we drove to the port, took a short cruise and the only time off the ship, just went to the marketplace within walking distance. More piece of mind.

On the second cruise, we checked the seat as baggage (we bought a seat for our 3-yr-old and belted her in on the plane).

Hubby found a duffle bag that the seat could fit into for carrying purposes. We were able to break down the booster into parts, tied them up with rope, and put into the duffle bag when not needed.

Unfortunately, the seats might not be able to be placed into some vehicles. That makes me nervous.

Would you drive around Phillie without your 10 month old belted in? But you would in a foreign country? :(

Take the car seat - or get a cheaper smaller one.

And "vans" have seat belts which would accomodate a car seat. The only things that don't have seat belts are buses and possibly some open air safari buses.

We are going on the Crown Princess in December and I have been trying to decide if we should bring a car seat for my 10 month old son. I basically have it down to either bringing our car seat, which is a britax marathon, or not bringing one at all because we will mostly be taking shuttles or vans and probably not use it. Any suggestions?

i lugged my daughters car seat through two airports, she didnt use it on the plane, the shuttle guys didnt buckle it in on either of the shuttles we used, dragged it to disney world, dragged it to the port with our driver stowing it in the trunk since there wasn't enough room in the town car for two adults and the car seat in the back, onto the boat, and then had to find a place to stick it.

granted,she'd older, she turned 5 while we were on the trip, but she's small and still requires the big 5pt harness seat... but i would have rather had a stroller than the car seat. there were times i would have given both arms for our stroller (heavy duty one is better... i have a peg pergo and it would have been perfect and durable enough. i dont know if i would have made it through the streets of nassau with an umbrella stroller)

Archived