Anyone cruising March 2010

CrusingJoe

I am thinking of doing something for Spring Break since it falls later than the Atlantis Solstice cruise this coming year. I think my Spring break is March 15th - March 20th. I'd be sailing solo probably with an interior cabin to afford it but who knows what the future holds! Have two in January so this would be a last minute booking if I did it. :cool:

Hey Jake,

How are you? We are back from our 18 night HAL cruise over Christmas and New Years. Had a great time. Are you still thinking about a mid-march cruise? I've got an opportunity to do a similar cruise and have started to look at options.

Jonathan

I'll be on RCL Majesty of the Seas to the Bahamas, this is my first cruise ever...I hope I can find any other gay ppl on board! :)

Just look for the bulletin board for a GLBT/FOD gathering. It should be near Guest Relations. If not ask them wher ethe board may be. It a GLBT/FOD is not listed, list one yourself. Happy crusing.

Hey Jake,

How are you? We are back from our 18 night HAL cruise over Christmas and New Years. Had a great time. Are you still thinking about a mid-march cruise? I've got an opportunity to do a similar cruise and have started to look at options.

Jonathan

I'm doing great! Just back from the two cruises and I must say the Norwegian Jewel cruise was just as great as the Norwegian Spirit cruise I took last May. Norwegian really knows how to get the gay dollars onboard now and I'm so proud to be a cruiser with them! The Sky cruise was mediocre but I still had a great time.

I"m thinking of MAYBE... I say maybe... doing a cruise on the Jewel again on my Spring Break on March 14th. I"m toying with the notion but I"d have to do some comp time at work to get that. Who knows at this point!

I"m definitely doing the Spirit cruise in May. When I get the date locked in I'll come back over and post. :)

Hope you had a great cruise!

The parntner and I along with a couple of friends will be cruising on the Island princess out of acapulco on March 20 for a full transit of the Panama Canal.

I hope you enjoy that cruise as much as we did over Christmas and New Years. Ours was 18 nights on the HAL Statendam. There must have been at least 30 FOD that showed up for the first GLBT meet. I didn't expect such a high turnout. Never been on Princess, so I don't know how their GLBT gatherings work or are attended.

Have fun!

also on spring break march 13-21. new to cruising and not sure how to decide. looking for advice from seasoned cruisers! trying to pick from the following cruises (which all are about the same price and seem to be newer ships). which one would you pick? how should i decide?

celebrity solstice

rc liberty of the seas

rc independence of the seas

carnival dream

hal eurodam

also on spring break march 13-21. new to cruising and not sure how to decide. looking for advice from seasoned cruisers! trying to pick from the following cruises (which all are about the same price and seem to be newer ships). which one would you pick? how should i decide?

celebrity solstice

rc liberty of the seas

carnival dream

hal eurodam

All would be good. check out the ports and see where you want to go. There is also NCL Dawn. 9 days!

celebrity solstice

rc liberty of the seas

carnival dream

hal eurodam

I would do solstice if the price is the same as the others.

Celebrity & HAL are good if you like to get dressed up and eat good food, but nightlife may be lame. The others are good if you want a more casual experience and more of a party scene, but more children will alter the atmosphere.

NCL Dawn 9 days southern Carib out of Miami.

cheers

My Partner John and I will be on this cruise 3/12/10. Some friends of ours, a male couple, may also be joining us. We cruise often with NCL and enjoy the flexibility. This will be our longest cruise and looking forward to the time away.

Kevin.

I just booked the dream for those dates and this is my 1st cruise....

need help with this site I was told to go here to find out all kinds of things for my cruise. Like roll call and such, any help will be appreciated!!

I was also looking at your cruise but couldn't make it work. That said, we are booked on the Dawn for Jan 2011 on that itinerary, so I'll get to do it then instead. :D

Sorry to hear. Always nice to have other Canadian family onboard.:D

Looks like I'm a go for March 14, 2010 on the Norwegian Jewel (and for those keeping track it's the ship I just got off of about 4 weeks ago now). :D

Good for you. How was your Jewel cruise...many family? As I have mentioned, we had a huge group (over 40 folks) on our Jewel repo cruise 14 months ago.

You and I will be like 2 ships passing in the night...you'll be getting off the Jewel on the 21st in MIA and I'll be getting on the Dawn in MIA the same day.

I've had some good fortune to have been able to take the 18-nighter over Christmas/New Years, then have the March break cruise followed by a June cruise. I think I'm truly addicted! :eek:

Good for you. How was your Jewel cruise...many family? As I have mentioned, we had a huge group (over 40 folks) on our Jewel repo cruise 14 months ago.

You and I will be like 2 ships passing in the night...you'll be getting off the Jewel on the 21st in MIA and I'll be getting on the Dawn in MIA the same day.

My addiction to cruising might have to get me into a Cruisers Annonymous meeting or something. Four cruises this year is just simply INSANE! :eek: If the economic conditions were not as they are I'd not be able to pull this off at all. The Jewel cruise this month was an absolute steal for the accomodations so I don't mind paying the single supplement for the Spring Break Jewel cruise. It balances itself out. Here's hoping for an upgrade!!! I'm on a guarantee at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up that the Dawn will be in port with us that day. It'll help me know where to debark the Jewel because the Jewel is first in the berth space in the port (or furthest from the entrance) and the Dawn is behind it.

There was about 10 people who showed up to FOD consistently but there were way more FOD onboard. A lot of them when met in the disco had no clue what FOD was and as a result the numbers in attendance grew by the end of the cruise so that the Star Bar was a hopping place! :)

Here's hoping that might happen again but irregardless I'll know quite a few crew / staff going in because I've already received word that most of them will still be onboard when I sail! NCL treats me famously so I cannot wait to have Spring Break!! :)

Archived